Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting questions

341 coming up within a week. A few questions:

1. I've lost my SS card. What do I do? Can I bring something else?

2. Haven't filed 2008 taxes yet and am expecting a refund of about $2500. Is there a chance that will be garnished/taken?

3. What does one wear to a 341? (No suit & tie here if that is the case.)

Ch. 7, state of Michigan, married but filing solo, was over the means but made it with itemizing

Originally posted by Big T View Post
    1. I've lost my SS card. What do I do? Can I bring something else?
    Depends on the Trustee. Sometimes, a statement from the IRS will do. I used an IRS tax bill as proof of SSN. You may need to run to your local Social Security office and get another one. I would do this immediately, as your 341 Meeting would be continued (not concluded) in order for you to prove your SSN.

2. Haven't filed 2008 taxes yet and am expecting a refund of about $2500. Is there a chance that will be garnished/taken?
    Not garnished, but the Trustee would decide to keep it. This varies by District. Some Districts allow you to keep the first $2K, some don't. Also, if it's from EIC (earned income credit), they can't take it.

3. What does one wear to a 341? (No suit & tie here if that is the case.)
    Casual attire. Be respectful and don't wear mid-riff shirts, ratty jeans, etc. I didn't wear a suit, but did dress business casual. Trust me, they know your financial story as you submitted all your financials to them. But, then again, do NOT wear expensive jewelry or otherwise flaunt your wealth. Be modest. I wouldn't, and didn't, even wear a watch. Dress as you would to go to the doctor's office.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X