top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to stall my foreclosure in TX? Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to stall my foreclosure in TX? Help!

So, I have been reading like crazy, but this stuff is just so much over my head!

We are filing for BK the first week of August and have retained a lawyer already. We are CURRENT on our mortgage and have never defaulted. From what I understand, Texas moves fast on foreclosures and getting you out of the house quickly.

Please, someone who understands this issue please tell me what YOU would do in our shoes. We want to stay in the house as long as possible to save up money for a move that will ease our financial situation greatly. We figure if we are already going to ruin our credit with the BK, we might as well get rid of the high debt house and start over. Sure would like to save some money on mortgage payments along the way...

Sorry in advance if I did not give enough information and sorry for playing the "airhead" card too!

Thanks!!!!

It takes about 60 days to foreclose a property in Texas - http://www.foreclosure.com/statelaw_TX.html

You can stall the foreclosure if you contest the action in court, you seek delays and adjournments of sales, or if you file for bankruptcy.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Texas Foreclosure advice requested

Note: I posted on Foreclosure board, but thought I might get more help over here.

So, I have been reading like crazy, but this stuff is just so much over my head!

We are filing for BK (Ch 7) the first week of August and have retained a lawyer already. We are CURRENT on our mortgage and have never defaulted. From what I understand, Texas moves fast on foreclosures and getting you out of the house quickly.

Please, someone who understands this issue please tell me what YOU would do in our shoes. We want to stay in the house as long as possible to save up money for a move that will ease our financial situation greatly. We figure if we are already going to ruin our credit with the BK, we might as well get rid of the high debt house and start over. Sure would like to save some money on mortgage payments along the way...

Sorry in advance if I did not give enough information and sorry for playing the "airhead" card too!

Thanks!!!!

Comment

I filed in TX, and surrendered my home 11th hour, but this I can tell you:

Do NOT reaffirm your mortgages. Just keep paying if you want to continue to keep the home. Or stop paying it if you want to surrender in BK. I stopped paying July 08, got my NOD in November, was supposed to foreclose in December, but actually did not get foreclosed until February. I had left well before the 21 day notice to vacate ever arrived, so I never saw it.
        And continue to maintain insurance until the date of sale if you don't have an impond account with some $$ in it. I cancelled my insurance in December, the lender forced a policy on the property until February, using what was left in my escrow account. I personally thought it was beneficial for me to do that, since my HO policy was paid in full thru escrow in October 08, so I got my money refunded directly to me. And whatever was left in escrow was lost anyway.

Hope this helps.

Comment

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by whattodointx View Post
            Note: I posted on Foreclosure board, but thought I might get more help over here.
            WTDIT, it's against our forum rules to post the same question in different forums.

To get your two identical threads and their replies to your questions into the same location, I merged the thread you started in Foreclosures with this one.

In the future, please don't copy/paste the exact post you uploaded into another forum area to make a new thread in a different forum. Thanks.
            I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
            06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
            07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
            10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
            01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
            09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
            06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
            08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
            Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

This is the newest craze sweeping the nation. it is really pissin off the banks. its called "produce the note". Unless you have your mortgage with some small town bank, it is likely it was packaged up and sold off to fannie,freddie or some other lender. Hence they don't have the "original note", which by law they can't foreclose without.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X