No announcement yet.

How closely do they look at bank accts etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same here. The only bank statement my attorney says I need is the one showing my balance on the day I filed. My attorney looked at my last 3 months of statements before I filed, but he did not copy them and he gave them back to me. I am far below median, though. Of course, the trustee could request them. I have not had my 341 yet. But my attorney said she probably won't. (Southern Ohio District - Dayton)

Comment

Originally posted by Doghouse View Post
      I will be filing next week and my attorney says NO bank statements are needed. None. Nada. Not for one month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years or infinity. None. I had to ask several times if she was sure because I was reading otherwise online. She's been filing in my county for more than 4 years and says the trustee's just not been asking for them in this jurisdiction.
      It must depend on the district because I was not asked to provide bank statements either. I filed pro se and the trustee asked for only last year's tax returns (state & federal) and my paystubs.
      Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
      341 Meeting: 1/7/09
      Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
      Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

No statements for me

Western Michigan. I asked, she said no, only if the trustee ask and usually they only ask rarely or if you are getting audited. She said well over median or barely pass means and way off on exspences would possibly cause them to inquire further. But not the norm.

All she does in BK in my district, so I would hope she is correct. I am one of 20 some she filled the same day so our 341 will be the same day. She does that so she can just spend the day in court. "Lucky Her"
        Retained Attorney= 03/13/2009
        Filed No Asset Chapter 7= 03/31/2009
        341 Done= 04/27/2009
        Discharged= 07/16/2009

Comment

It really depends on the trustee. Your lawyer would know what those in your district are like more than anyone on here would.

According to my lawyer, the trustees in my district usually don't ask for any bank statements at all, but when mine saw on my schedule an engagement ring, she asked for 60 days worth to make sure my finances were not tied with my fiance, that I wasn't exchanging money with him and hiding assets, etc. Which is understandable. She didn't even bring the satements up, even though I was very nervous about some of the transactions on there (ie getting my hair done, going out to dinner, the movies on occasion)

Edit: I'm in Western Missouri district btw
          Filed Chapter 7 12/31/08 341 Meeting 2/3/09 No Asset 2/16/09 Discharged 04/08/09 :)

:yahoo: Closed 04/30/09 :yahoo:

Comment

I was wondering about some of this to as I have a couple meals out on the debit card. I also withdraw a $100 here and there for general expenses like lunch money.
            So is this stuff frowned upon or is it considered axeptable as long as it is within the budget?
            11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Doghouse, what county are you in, if I may ask?
              Retained attorney 4/14/09
              Filed 5/29/09 :yahoo:
              341 meeting 7/8/09 DONE! :yahoo::yes2:
              DISCHARGED!!!!!!! 10/16/09 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by jb1231 View Post
                Doghouse, what county are you in, if I may ask?
                I am in Sacramento County under Eastern district of California.

Met with my lawyer today as I will finally be filing next week. Once again she said bank statements are not required or being asked for by the trustees in this district. I only need to provide my bank balance as of filing day.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X