Wisdom tooth is killing me but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wisdom tooth is killing me but

no dental insurance- we only have a discount plan. I don't know what to do because my dentist is awesome but my tooth pain is not. What can I do?

Do you have medical insurance? See your family doctor who can give you something for pain and/or possible infection. Or contact another dentist who has lower rates and won't require insurance or payment up front and has a monthly payment plan.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

DO you have any dental schools near you?

They usually offer deeply discounted services.

Also, try Clove oil on the pain site and good old ibuprofen or Aleeve work well as most of the pain is caused by inflamation hitting the nerve centers around your tooth.

OR... you can come over to my house and I will yank it out for free by tying a string around it and attaching it to my Jack Russell terrier.

Worked for my sister with a loose tooth in the 4th grade

Ask your dentist if they will take a payment plan, or Western Dental usually offers payment plans.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, tooth pain really sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by hopefulbk View Post
        no dental insurance- we only have a discount plan. I don't know what to do because my dentist is awesome but my tooth pain is not. What can I do?
        I have no reponse to your post but the way you phrased your topic has me lauging my A** off. I will tell you from my own experience with bad genes, that I shopped dentists and got quotes from three dentists to take care of some long overdue work. I went with a friend recommendation and saved about $3500. Get it yanked, 90 - 150 bucks, you can always go back later when you have cash for cosmetics to fill the hole. It sucks but so does bankruptcy.
        Last edited by hippyguy; 04-18-2009, 01:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

If you see this dr regularly, he/she may call you in a Rx for a few days worth of a good pain reliever until you can get to the office. Try calling the after hours number. And, if you've been a patient for a while and are in good standing, he may take a partial payment up front (and possibly even no payment up front) and let you make payments on the rest. That's what the dentist I work for does. He won't turn away anyone who's in pain based on their ability to pay. Small town dentist. Anyway, ya never know how sympathetic the dr will be until you ask. Hope you're pain free very soon!
          filed chapter 7 BK 4/27/09
          341 meeting 6/4/09
          DISCHARGED!!! 8/5/09

Comment

Rent the movie Castaway with Tom Hanks, it will show you the steps to take care of the problem.
            "I'm old enough to know better, but too young to care"
            Filed Chapter 7 January 25th 2010
            341 Hearing March 4th 2010
            Discharged May 10th 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
              Or contact another dentist who has lower rates and won't require insurance or payment up front and has a monthly payment plan.
              yep, there are lots of dentists who are part of the combined network of different discount dental plans and it's easy to find such dentist.

Comment

Bring a bottle of vodka over and I will break out my channel locks
                (Oh, by the way, the vodka is for me, I get squeemish when I see blood)

Seriously if it hurts ya gotta get it taken care of. Worry about the money later.

Comment

do you have medical insurance? Oral surgery is covered by medical for wisdom tooth extraction not dental. I work for a dentist.

Comment

Nope, no medical either I couldn't afford it BUT I will have a paid up front policy before I file. I ended up getting meds and I'm trying to figure out how to get this taken care of with my shortage of cash~ I think this is why I HAD credit cards.

Comment

You don't need any wisdom tooth. Yank it. My dentist does it for $100.00. Go pick up cans if you have to.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X