Had my 341 meeting this morning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had my 341 meeting this morning.

I am SO glad it's over with. Was quite nervous. Waited a good 1 hour & 40 minutes until they called me. Very basic/routine questions they asked me. I am surprised they did not ask if I filed my 2008 taxes. I've not yet - filed an extension. They asked just about everyone else this question.

Many people were there - I was surprised. And although I don't wish bankruptcy on anyone, it was kind of comforting to know a lot of other people are dealing with the same difficult situation.

Grateful for this forum. I don't post a lot but I visit here everyday! Thanks for being here!
    ~Filed 3/31/09~
    ~341 Meeting 4/24/09~

Now, see - that wasn't so bad, huh?

congrads - jb
    jb - A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes.
    Filed - 2/27/09
    341 - 4/3/09
    Discharged - 6/20/2009

Comment

I am so glad it went so smoothly for you.....

Comment

Wow! An hour and 40 minutes. I hope I don't have to wait that long - that makes the nervousness worse!

I am glad it went well for you. I am surprised about the taxes. My lawyer said I couldn't even file without filing my 2008 taxes first - well, I owed and wasn't getting anything back so for me it probably didn't matter. Didn't you have to provide printouts of your 2008 taxes when you filed?
        "I broke, I broke, it's off to Chapter 7 I go"
        http://queenfluff.blogs.experienceproject.com/
        1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

Comment

Originally posted by BreatheAgain View Post
          Grateful for this forum. I don't post a lot but I visit here everyday! Thanks for being here!
          Now you can do what your username suggests.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by queenfluff View Post
            Wow! An hour and 40 minutes. I hope I don't have to wait that long - that makes the nervousness worse!

I am glad it went well for you. I am surprised about the taxes. My lawyer said I couldn't even file without filing my 2008 taxes first - well, I owed and wasn't getting anything back so for me it probably didn't matter. Didn't you have to provide printouts of your 2008 taxes when you filed?
            Yes, they did ask for them. I, of course, gave them 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007. What had happened is I procrastinated in getting them to my accountant in FL (I used to work for these people for a long time so I know them well and get a break). I fed-exed them out after getting all of my paperwork to the attorney. The accountant's would've gotten it 3/31/09 and it is an extemely small firm. They were not able to get it done yet so filed an extension for me.

Currently, I'm searching hard for a job...need one badly - as many people do. There is one I'm hopeful for, where I had an interview this week - it's just 5 minutes from where I live so it would save a lot in gas money. I also would not have to leave at the crack of dawn either. See how it goes.

Thanks for the comments and yes, for now I am "breathing again", lol!
            ~Filed 3/31/09~
            ~341 Meeting 4/24/09~

Comment

Good Luck on the interview.
              We had our 341 today at 1 PM. We were the 4th case called and only the way out of there 23 minutes after the session started after lunch.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X