No announcement yet.

I just stopped paying CCs.. how long before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We stopped paying last septand did not file until end of Jan. Only capital one actually sent it to a collection agency and that was right before we filed. Lots of calls but never answered a one of them. The only time I ever talked to anyone was the banks we had car loans and signature loans with. The cc company I never answered. You can either ignore the calls or pick it up and tell them you are filing but that probably won't stop the calls until they get notification from the courts. Do you need your home phone? We just shut ours off to save money. If you don't need it then shut it off. If you still have access to your cc accounts online then go in to each account and take the contact number off.
    Filed Jan 23rd, 2009
    341 meeting--February 24th--Went smooth
    :yahoo::yahoo:
    Discharged may 12th--had to call the court clerk!!:clapping::yahoo::yahoo::

Comment

I stopped paying my ccs in mid May '08 (oh, almost a year now! Yikes!) and referred all calls to my attorney's office. Haven't heard a peep from creditors since...I get an occasional "letter" from a "law office" but I just ignore it.
      May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
      May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
      May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
      9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Stopped paying CCs' last Sept. except for one which I had a large balance transfer in Aug. Attorney who we met in Sept. said pay 3 months on the balance transfer along with some extra.

I've talked to our Creditors twice because we moved back our filing date. They all have our Attorney's name, address & phone #. I'm home all day& must say I don't get that many phone calls from the creditors.

I've received 3 Collection Agency letters. Faxed copies to Attorney and he said don't worry about the letters. If we get sued before our filing date of 9/30/09, he will file something in Court to delay the procedure.

Luci

Comment

Originally posted by Trixie007 View Post
          If Discover is only calling 3-4 times a day, count yourself lucky! You don't need to talk to anyone, not even to refer them to your attorney. Let them go to voicemail, use a different phone, whatever works for you to help you ignore them. If you're filing in June, there's almost zero chance anyone would sue you in that time frame, unless it's a local lender (even then, slim chance in such a short time). We stopped making full payments on all 10 cc's last Summer, no summons yet. I have found that even when I tell them we've retained an attorney, they still keep calling - so, why bother? Oh, look, someone's calling now

Trixie,

Good to see you back, glad you're feeling better.
          Filed July 7,2009
          341 August 24,2009 (completed)
          Discharged 10-28-09(Thank You Lord.)
          Case closed 10-29-2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X