341 Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting

Does anyone know how long after you file do they set a 341 meeting date? I'm not talking about the actual meeting but the meeting date.

The 341 Meeting can be anywhere from 30-45 days. In some Districts, they are so far behind.

11 USC 341, the section of the code from which the meeting gets its name, only reads "[w]ithin a reasonable time after the order for relief ".

Having wrote that, most jurisdictions (by local rule/practice) try to have it 30-45 days after filing. Interestingly, the 341 Meeting is scheduled as soon as you file. Upon filing, the clerk of the court sets the date for the meeting.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

We got a notice in the mail within a week of filing our papers. Then date is usually a month after that.

Comment

I got my 341 date today. My case was filed on April 30 so it went through pretty quick. My 341 isn't until June 23 - almost 2 months away.

I noticed in the FAQ forum on here - it said 5 days after it is filed you will get your date.
        "I broke, I broke, it's off to Chapter 7 I go"
        http://queenfluff.blogs.experienceproject.com/
        1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X