No announcement yet.

816-420-4003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I gave my creditors my case number and Attorney they stopped calling. I was only told to ignore the calls until I had this information. I would not avoid them, as it was said they will start calling your work, friends, family, neighbors anyone they can eventually. Although if you don't care then it wouldn't be a big deal, I really didn't want everyone knowing about my situation.
    Filed 10/20/08
    Discharged 1/27/09

Comment

thanks Mark80,

I am thinking I might do that. I have my phone turned off most of the time so I can't even tell if they are calling.

But what bothers me is that are not supposed to be calling me to begin with - I am filed and I have my stay - even BEFORE they started calling it was in effect - I shouldn't even have to bother with this. Why do they just choose to ignore it while the other companies are complying? Isn't it illegal for them to ignore my filing and still call?

Just wondering if cc companies get in trouble for ignoring the BK rules? Should I report them to my lawyer?

They wouldn't have any of my friends, family or neighbors numbers. I don't see how they would be able to call them.
      "I broke, I broke, it's off to Chapter 7 I go"
      http://queenfluff.blogs.experienceproject.com/
      1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

Comment

So, I finally picked up when they called today.

I was surprised as the guy was actually nice and I could actually understand him (no Indian accent!) and I just said that my payment was late which was unusual for me (very true) and wanted to see if I had sent payment or if there was another situation going on. I told him I filed for Ch. 7 on April 30 and that they should have gotten the notice already. I asked if he wanted the case number and he said no just my lawyers name and number. He said he put it on my records and put me on the "no call" list and said he hopes everything works out for me. And that was it - we shall see if I actually do make the "no call" list.

I still don't like the fact that they didn't follow the rules. Unless they just have really bad departmental communications there. But you would think it was all in the computer for the person to see? Blah.
        "I broke, I broke, it's off to Chapter 7 I go"
        http://queenfluff.blogs.experienceproject.com/
        1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X