In Ca...Waiting for discharge day 131

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Ca...Waiting for discharge day 131

The trustee put her final notes in on Dec 30th 2008 and stated she found no assets. I am still waiting for discharge. Has anyone had to wait this long. I am in Los Angeles.

???

That is really long...have you called the court?
    Filed Chapter 7 4/22/2009
    341 Meeting Scheduled 5/27/2009
    Discharged 7/30/2009
    Awaiting closing!!!!

Comment

(GB, I deleted the duplicate post you left on another thread that asks this identical question. It's against our forum rules to post the same questions in different forums or on multiple threads. -lrprn)

Originally posted by Goingbankrupt View Post
      The trustee put her final notes in on Dec 30th 2008 and stated she found no assets. I am still waiting for discharge. Has anyone had to wait this long. I am in Los Angeles.
      Other Californians have been having to wait longer than usual for discharge due to the glut of bk cases in the CA bk courts right now.

HOWEVER, five and a half months is WAY longer than it should be. Did the US Trustee get involved in your case? Did you have any creditor objections filed? Anything out of the ordinary with your case? (High income, high debt, etc?)

If you filed your Ch 7 case with a lawyer, ask him/her to get on this immediately and find out what's been holding up your discharge. If you filed on your own, call the bk court and ask for the court clerk. Politely ask if you can have an update on your case.

Are you signed up for PACER? If you are, what do you see there?
      Last edited by lrprn; 05-10-2009, 08:00 PM.
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

thanks for deleting my previous thread. i thought i was starting a new one and was confused.

I am signed up for pacer and it says waiting for discharge. The US Trustee did get involved with my case, because he was investigating my attorney who he said charged too much money and allowed my paperwork to be filled out incorrectly. He made my attorney give me my money back and therefore my attorney is not going to call me back. Perhaps you are correct and I should call the clerk.

Comment

I ckd Pacer today it says Status Awaiting closing 90 days , Does this mean I am discharged already.
          chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

I think you are in the same situation that I am in...awaiting discharge.

Comment

Oh man and I thought my 115 days was bad. My husband and I finally had to go down to the court. They discharged me as stood right in front of them.
              Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
              341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
              Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

Originally posted by Floridagail View Post
                I ckd Pacer today it says Status Awaiting closing 90 days , Does this mean I am discharged already.
                You should have on your page where it says 'awaiting closing' a statement that says 'discharged' and the date. If you don't have that you need to go back and look again, and/or call your case worker at your court.

Good luck to you ~~~
                "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Lately, I'm seeing "days in status" as high as 150 days in the Central District of CA. No objections, nothing complicated about the cases.

Comment

Thanks Joab!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X