top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Trustee do a check of auto's registered in your name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Trustee do a check of auto's registered in your name?

My 341 is on Wednesday and I think I am as prepared as one can be. I have gone over and over my paperwork a thousand times. Just out of curiousity (don't know if I am spelling that right) do they run a check to see what vehicles you have registered in your name? I do not have any but was curious.

I'm curious about this too. Anyone?

Comment

They can, and some do. We had some forum members get caught off guard by a trustee check of DMV records.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
        They can, and some do. We had some forum members get caught off guard by a trustee check of DMV records.
        HHM:

Do you still stand behind telling GeorgiaMommy not to tell about the sale of her vehicle Unless Asked By The Trustee???

GeorgiaMommy:
        If I were in your shoes, I would at least call your Attorney and let him know you sold a vehicle that was exempted in your original Bankruptcy papers.

To some posters, $500 doesn't sound like much; however, You Never Know How Deep Your Trustee Examined Your Case.

Luci

Comment

You are right, my 341 is tomorrow. I'm going to send my attorney an e-mail now. You just neve know and I don't want to take the risk

Comment

I just e-mailed my attorney and this was his response in regards to me selling my car:

Don't volunteer, but answer truthfully if you are asked about it. I wouldn't expect it to come up. Unless you want to try and use the exemption for something else it really doesn't make a difference.

Comment

Our trustee had us send a copy of the registration for the car in with the paperwork proir to the 341.
              Appaerently all do not do this??

Comment

All the Trustee has asked for in my case in a copy of my 07 & 08 taxes. My 341 is tomorrow. I'm assuming they would have told us if they need anything else by now.

Comment

OK, apparently the trustees have no standards and they just request what they feel they need to make a decision.
                  We had to supply the registration, pay stubs from the last 6 months, 2 years of tax filings, statements from all bank account for the last 90 days and a copy of the check register that we keep, copies of insurance cards on the car and if I remember right he wanted copies of deeds of trust or something to so with real estate.
                  We did not own any RE at the point we filed as we had surrendered it already.
                  He also had us fill out and sign several forms which were apparently for his own personal files.
                  In looking at his experience I found he was or had been an RE broker. Perhaps he finds he can make more money being a trustee today!
                  Last edited by kenshirley; 05-12-2009, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Sounds like your Trustee was giving you a very hard time. I am so nervous about tomorrow I am just ready for it to be over. Just in case, I have a folder that I am bringing with me full of stuff, 4 months of paycheck stubs, 3 months of bank statements. They have not requested this information but just in case I want to have this all with me.

Comment

Actually I have 4 bankers boxes ready and wonder what, if anything I should bring. They already have a copy of what they asked for which was 2076 pages of stuff. I have so many boxes of support receipts that I dread the thought of having to go through it for anything.

I spent the last week of evenings printing off ebay and craigslist items that resemble my stuff. I have tried to ease my mind but I am still full of anxiety.

Comment

Wow, you are really prepared! You should be ready for anything!

Comment

This is an easy one... yes, most trustees do.

Comment

HHM is correct, they can search public records and determine if you have any property that you declare on your property taxes, car taxes etc that for some reason you haven't listed. Given the caseload though most do not do this for every case, some may just do random cases, others may only do it if they are suspicious or receive a tip.
                            May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                            July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                            September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

My Trustee asked for the title or bill of sale for any automobiles I owned. If the car had been sold I had instructions to forward a receipt or bill of sale showing who the new owner was. My Trustee was thorough and didn't leave any stone unturned.

UhOh you sound EXACTLY like me and in the end it paid off. Be prepared for anything and you'll be fine.
                              Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
                              341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
                              Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X