Florida Middle district question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Florida Middle district question

Hi, we finally filed the last day of April. Our lawyers paralegal said we should get the 341 info within a week or so after.

Well we still have not received anything in the mail but I did call the paralegal yesterday. She said nothing was showing as mailed out to us yet, but that it was showing a date for the 341 meeting.

My question is... Is this normal? Shouldn't we have gotten something by now since we have the date for the 341 meeting or am I being impatient?

I really can not afford to join pacer, but maybe I should to make sure there are no issues that have come up. What do you think?

This is not unusually late. Please join PACER, and do not check much more than the history and if you see a document save it to your hard drive not to pay again. I rename mine by the number assigned in order not the flucky name that is always the same. This is a very valuable investment and will save you worry over money, at .08 cents. It is worth it.

You have made your first move to a new life. Grats to you. 'Hub and Mrs.
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

As 'Hub wrote... welcome to the Forum!

The 341 Meeting date is actually set as soon as you file. Having PACER will help you, but can also turn you into a PACER-freak.

Don't become one of those. (whistling)

PACER-freak
      Pronounced: pay-ser frēk

noun. a person who spends all their time, and therefore money, on PACER.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

We too filed in Florida Middle District so be patient and be prepared to wait. Our discharge took longer and our closing to longer as well. 87 days for discharge no asset and 165 days to close. The courts are backed up was the only explanation we received from the clerks office and from our attorney. Maybe you will be one of the lucky ones that discharge and close on the same day! Good luck.

Comment

I filed in MDOF also, I got my 341 notice way after if was set up. So My attorney had called to tell me the date. So they must know how slow they are. I bugged my attorney after 90 days to get my discharge going. I do not care about closing. I got discharge.
          chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Congratulations Floridagail!!!!!!!!!

Comment

We are Middle Florida also and I received my notice of 341 within a week. After reading all the posts, I think it is safe to say that everybody has a different experience. I signed up for Pacer and the day after I was filed, the date for the 341 was on there. I now check it every few days just to keep an eye out for anything odd. As long as you know the date, that is all that matters! Good Luck!!!
              Filed CH 7 05/06/09
              341 06/12/09
              Last day for objections 08/11/09
              Discharged and CLOSED!! 08/28/09

Comment

Thank you for all the replies.

I am a little nervous that I have not received anything from the BK court. I always thought that they gave at least 30 days notice of when your 341 meeting is. Glad to hear that it is not to uncommon to not yet received anything. It has now been exactly 14 days and yet to get anything.

Since the meeting date is automatically set when you file, does this mean that if the trustee, for whatever reason, requests all kinds of stuff that may take a while to get together that the 341 meeting could be postponed by the trustee in order to give them and myself more time?

Our case should be pretty straight forward according to our lawyers paralegal, but we have had what we call our black cloud following us and if it is screwed up & out of the norm it will happens to us

Comment

The attorney should tell you if you need anything give them to submit. I needed bank statement of day I filed. I never got anything from trustee. Go ahead and take your last credit class on cmputer and be done with it.
                  chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

The 341 Meeting date is set on the day of filing in all cases that I've seen. This is where PACER comes in handy!

Sorry to hear that everything has slowed down to a crawl.
                    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Just an update.

I got my 341 appt. letter today, Dated & signed by Judge last week. 17 days to the meeting. I'm counting down the days!

Comment

Florida middle district is 87 and 90 days?? GAH!!! I will never make it. My 341 was 5/12. Can creditors still object after 60 days if it is not discharged until almost 90?

Comment

Originally posted by flnybk View Post
                          Florida middle district is 87 and 90 days?? GAH!!! I will never make it. My 341 was 5/12. Can creditors still object after 60 days if it is not discharged until almost 90?
                          They must be behind. My attorney though I would get the meeting for the 341 within 5-7 days of filing but counting today it took 21 days.

Comment

Originally posted by flnybk View Post
                            No. There is a bar date which keeps them from filing after a specific date. This date is by law (Bankruptcy Code) and is 60 days after the 341 Meeting.

Your discharge could take months. But that bar date for filing an objection is fixed.

Comment

No, they said they weren't discharged for 87 days! suppose to be around 60+

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X