anyone have a good part time job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone have a good part time job?

now that im discharged, i want a part time job. does anyone have one now or in the past that they enjoyed?

As with everyone else who is unemployed, you could try the Census Bureau to be a Census Taker.

Comment

I do ghostwriting but I've only earned around $400 since October doing it. It's extraordinarily part-time. But at least I can do it from home and it's a nice change of pace.

There are some legit ghost-writing opportunities online. And then there are the answer service type jobs. I can't think of the name of the big one, but people using their service type a question in their mobile phone and you answer the question (find restaurants or answer any random question).
      Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
      341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

I work as a Rural Carrier Sub for the post office. I work saturdays, when people are sick or on vacation. Learning the job is hard, it isn't for everybody, but I enjoy not having a boss breathing down my neck. No benefits but pay is over $18/hour. Check out usps.com and look towards bottom for jobs link.

Comment

I got a job as a hoochie mama. Thought it was a good job, until I found out there wasn't a lot of hoochie left in this mama, so I got canned.

Just kidding.

How about a job waiting tables, here in Cal you can easily make 30-50/hr , it is usually pretty easy to find a job in the Summer, shifts are short, there is usually no extensive background check, or bartending, you can make 150-200 a shift bartending in a decent place. Work three nights in a good restaurant/bar and you can make an extra 2000.00/month while it is busy.

If you don't know how to mix drinks, find a place that just sells beer/wine like a brewery that also sells food. THey usually look for people with great personalities, so experience isn't always tantamount to having a great personality and customer service skills.

Comment

Originally posted by freshstart10 View Post
            now that im discharged, i want a part time job. does anyone have one now or in the past that they enjoyed?
            where do you live?

Comment

There are advertisements galore in our papers looking for cleaning folks (cleaning services) to clean up foreclosed homes. Another hot job area is car repossession. Both of these job areas should be quite busy for the next year or two.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                There are advertisements galore in our papers looking for cleaning folks (cleaning services) to clean up foreclosed homes. Another hot job area is car repossession. Both of these job areas should be quite busy for the next year or two.
                LOL. A great career for our future Sharks is bk lawyering. 'Hub
                If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Mrs. C is a Master Librarian. She has a two day $18 hour 8 total hours at night job, baby sitting a college Library. She has heard in the wind, that they will not renew her contract this next term and will close the Library in the evening. Something about not enough money. Can't imagine that. 'Hub
                  If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by OregonMom View Post
                    I work as a Rural Carrier Sub for the post office. I work saturdays, when people are sick or on vacation. Learning the job is hard, it isn't for everybody, but I enjoy not having a boss breathing down my neck. No benefits but pay is over $18/hour. Check out usps.com and look towards bottom for jobs link.
                    Just like OregonMom, I too am a sub mail carrier for the Post Office and I love the job. I've been doing it for over 6 years and am waiting on a full-time position. If you have flexibility in your schedule and can make it through the learning process of learning your route, you will get over the hump and enjoy this job.
                    CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
                    Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

Try your local law firms that deal with either creditor's rights (processing foreclosures for banks) or debtor's rights (bankruptcy filings for individuals). In my area, these 2 jobs are HOPPING... both part time and full time. I should know, I did it for almost 3 years. Believe it or not, some banks are also hiring... I started with Chase today in the loss mitigation area. (Yes, I realize my job choices over the years have been a bit ironic, but hey... they pay very well!)
                      Chapter 7 Filed: 12/22/08
                      341 Meeting: 1/22/09
                      Discharged and Closed: 3/24/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X