Pacer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacer Question

We recently converted a Ch 13 to a Ch 7. We still aren't sure that our case will go through as a Ch7 but we are under the median.

What should I be looking for on Pacer? The site confused me and I don't want to run up a bunch of charges just b/c I don't know what I'm doing.
    Something I looked at today says our case is Awaiting Discharge and our 341 is scheduled. Is that a good thing or does it really not mean anything?
    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Anybody? I'm so confused with Pacer.
    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aces67 View Post
      What should I be looking for on Pacer?
      Just that first page when you query for your case. At the top will have all the dates. (You could also look at your Case Summary Screen which will cost you $0.08.)

I can't tell you if your Chapter 7 will discharge and close. You need to get to the 341 Meeting and then you'll see how the Trustee feels about it. Until then... it's a waiting game and no one will know.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

how do you get a pacer account?

Please help a newbie out. I keep hearing about getting your court records on pacer but I don't know how to get a pacer account.
        Any advice?? It would be greatly appreciated.
        Marie

Comment

PACER provides information about accessing and filing federal court records electronically. Find resources for using PACER.

Be aware that you can run up a bill if you don't know what you're doing! See the FAQs and other stickies on this Forum about PACER. Remember, when using PACER to login to your LOCAL COURT and make sure it's your BANKRUPTCY COURT and not the DISTRICT COURT. Otherwise, you'll run up a bill not being able to find your case.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X