Discharged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged?

There is an entry on PACER that says Order discharging Debtor. No link to a document. I am confused because since I got turned into an asset case, they were going to send me a Stipulation Agreement and hit me up for money. Do they do this after the discharge? Simultaneously? Anyone have any idea how this works? I am waiting to hear from my lawyer on this. Just seeing the word "discharge" on the docket gave me such a feeling of relief, though!
    Filed Chap. 7 1/11/09
    341 2/14/09; later declared asset case
    Discharged 5/18/09
    Asset case - still no payment plan proposed

Discharged - Asset Case?

I am trying again to see if anyone knows about this. An order to discharge debtor (that's me!) was filed yesterday. But I am an asset case and still haven't received a Stipluation Agreement. What happens now, does anyone know?
    Filed Chap. 7 1/11/09
    Discharged 5/18/09

Comment

OOOooops you didn't get your Victory hamster dance. Don't fret Vonda, it could have been dismissed, but now you are free. We paid almost 11K back to the Trustee for overages and insider payments and we are still not closed. You are over the big stuff, so let's dance.

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanda View Post
        I am trying again to see if anyone knows about this. An order to discharge debtor (that's me!) was filed yesterday. But I am an asset case and still haven't received a Stipluation Agreement. What happens now, does anyone know?
        You are discharged, but not closed. Getting discharged is the big deal (as that is what frees you from all those creditors!).

Your close will come after the Trustee finishes administering your case. The Trustee will (may) still hit you up for that money you need to pay into the Asset Case, but you are discharged!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks 'Hub, and everyone else, I am very relieved to have reached this stage. Free of $27,000 worth of credit card debt. Now I will live on a cash basis and WITHIN MY MEANS and that will feel so much better.
          Filed Chap. 7 1/11/09
          Discharged 5/18/09

Comment

Congrats to you!

What is an asset case anyway?
            4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
            5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
            7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
            7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aces67 View Post
              Congrats to you!

What is an asset case anyway?
              It means you own more than the exempt properties. You may purchase it back from the Trustee or relinquish it to sale. 'Hub
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X