Has anyone....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone....

Has anyone been Denied a reaffirmation by TT?
    What happened?

Has anyone canceled a reaffirm?
    What happened?

Originally posted by fyi2 View Post
    Has anyone been Denied a reaffirmation by TT?
    What happened?
    It's the Judge, not the Trustee, who approves reaffirmations. Additionally, your lawyer also has to signoff on it (that it doesn't present a hardship to you). Many reaffirmations get nowhere simply simply because many lawyers refuse to sign them.

I am not in a Chapter 7 so haven't actually ever re-affirmed anything.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I signed a reaffirmation on my vehicle and the judge determined that it was an undue hardship and set a court date. We withdrew our reaffirmation, drove that car to the dealership and dropped it off and have lived happily ever after.

Best thing we could have done! Being debt-free is such a great feeling.
      Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
      341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
      Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

recalculate?

relief..
        what about the payment in your means test or sched J...was it recalculated or were u fine anyway

did u cancel before or after discharge?

Comment

Does anyone know if you have to cancel your intent to reaffirm? We put in our petetion that we intended to reaffirm both mortgages. We were sent reaffirm papers from only the 2nd mortgage holder(so far). DH has not found a job yet so we do not want to reaffirm. We didn't send the reaffirm agreement back. It was due today. What happens anything?
          FILED CH7: 03/20/09
          341: May 11th, 2009
          DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Comment

You have to sign the reaffirmation agreement and then, it must be properly filed to be valid.
            What happens next depends on the lender. The vast majority will let you ride through. They want your money-not another foreclosure to add to the pile.

Comment

We withdrew our reaffirmation - kept the car until after discharge - then gave it back.
              Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
              341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
              Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X