top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just returned from 341(a) meeting of creditors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just returned from 341(a) meeting of creditors.

Happy to field questions...

Well, congrats! Question: anything you wish you knew before you attended your 341 that other readers show know about?

Comment

Great question. I wish I knew that all my research would provide me with every ounce of confidence that I was there with a purpose and a plan, and nothing was going to catch me by surprise. When my lawyer was going over the protocol at these meetings she was speaking with a group of 4 of us who all share the same attorney. I was even chiming in with answers to questions people were asking, and she was so impressed by my knowledge, she said a number of times, my you really DID do your homework didn't you. There is such power to be gained in knowing what you are facing. It goes back to the old addge that there's nothing to fear but fear itself. If you give your fears a name, figure out how they ticks, and prepare your defense should any of those swords be drawn, you really will be ok. Keep calm, carry on. Answer honestly. look the trustee directly in the eye, but with a soft gaze, not a piercing or aggressive stare. Easy, composed, in control, honest, calm, prepared. I was al of those things, and I wish before going in that I had know it was all I needed to sail through it.

Comment

hey BT -I'm glad things went well.

Did they ask about your gambling? I hope my 341 goes as well as yours. Waiting for debt to age some.

Congrats!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tounces View Post
          hey BT -I'm glad things went well.

Did they ask about your gambling? I hope my 341 goes as well as yours. Waiting for debt to age some.

Congrats!!!!
          Gambling was not brought up once. There were no questions with regard to how did I get myself in the situation. None of my creditors showed up. It seemed to me that main point was to see do I have anything that can be liquidated to offer to the people I owe money to? I do not. I have nothing but the shirt on my back and a few other sundries. The trustee recognized this, gave me a small, not unkind small, and said case closed. (That's what we hope for him to say.)

Now I wait 30 days for objections to exemptions and 60 days for exemptions to dischargability. After that, I am ready to start my new life. Gambling free.
          Last edited by beyondtherapy; 05-27-2009, 07:21 AM. Reason: typoooooos

Comment

This has just been added to my PACER:
            Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution: I, XXXXX XXXXX,having been appointed trustee of the estate of the above-named debtor(s), report that I have neither received any property nor paid any money on account of this estate; that I have made a diligent inquiry into the financial affairs of the debtor(s) and the location of the property belonging to the estate; and that there is no property available for distribution from the estate over and above that exempted by law. Pursuant to Fed R Bank P 5009, I hereby certify that the estate of the above-named debtor(s) has been fully administered. I request that I be discharged from any further duties as trustee. Key information about this case as reported in schedules filed by the debtor(s) or otherwise found in the case record: This case was pending for 1 months. Assets Abandoned: $ 5.00, Assets Exempt: $ 2147.53, Claims Scheduled: $ 84434.00, Claims Asserted: Not Applicable, Claims scheduled to be discharged without payment: $ 84434.00. (Entered: 05/27/2009)

I'm pretty sure all of the above is positive for me. Any opinions?

Comment

You are in the 60 day club! Welcome to Club Sixty!

That report of no distribution is exactly what you wanted to see! Means you're a no-asset case and the Trustee is DONE with you!
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I'm crying with relief.

Comment

Originally posted by beyondtherapy View Post
                  I'm crying with relief.
                  O O Congratulations! I'm so glad you sailed right through your 341 and received the 'No Asset Claim' from the Trustee.

Going through Bankruptcy is a life changing Event which is not easy. We are still in the planning stages (filing 9/30/09) and my biggest fear is going to the 341 meeting.

Because the parking area is soo far from the Courthouse, I will have to use my Scooter to get there. I'm 55 yrs. old and have never been inside a Court room. I've got many months to overcome this fear and pray I'm able to do so.

Wil pray the remaining portions of your Bankruptcy goes a 'Sailing On'!

Luci

Comment

One day at a time Luci. That's how things get done. You'll be fine, just keep putting on foot in front of the other (or I guess in your case, just keep the wheels spinning forward.) <hug>
                    BT

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X