Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

questions asked @341 - please post!

dear all,

a few people (like sophia and Dogouse - thanks guys!) posted the list of questions they were asked at their 341. just reading those (and practicing my own answers) makes me feel less anxious and more prepared. i suspect i am not alone in that.

I know there is a standard list of questions the trustees are supposed to ask, but reading the list is just not the same as hearing real live experiences.

so i am starting this thread hoping that post-341 people would share their experience, what questions they were asked, what questions people ahead of them were asked, and generally how the atmosphere was and how they felt.

thank you all
    filed ch7 May 09
    341 june 09
    discharged, closed Aug 09

I have not had my 341 yet, so I think this is a great idea. What questions were you asked?

Comment

i haven't had mine yet either! i hope lots of people post their experiences, good or bad...
      filed ch7 May 09
      341 june 09
      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Mine only asked the standard stuff.

Did you sign your petition?

Are you available Saturday night? Do you like red wine or white?

No-just kidding, I think I was asked maybe three questions at the most, did you sign, anything change, did you read the pamphlet, then good luck to you.

See ya Mr. Trustee! 2 minutes at the microphone and out the door.

Short and sweet.

Comment

I started a thread which has the actual questions the Trustee's ask. They are pretty much standard and consistent to what is in this thread. The first set were exactly what I was asked and what was stated. If you ever watch the Trustee, you'll see that they read from a sheet (the standard questions) and go away from those only based on some of your answers. Even that diversion is indicated in the document. So, my post-341 experience was exactly what is listed in the questions.

https://www.bkforum.com/node/40121
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by dingdong View Post
            Mine only asked the standard stuff.

Did you sign your petition?

Are you available Saturday night? Do you like red wine or white?

No-just kidding, I think I was asked maybe three questions at the most, did you sign, anything change, did you read the pamphlet, then good luck to you.

See ya Mr. Trustee! 2 minutes at the microphone and out the door.

Short and sweet.
            LOL!! You are soooo silly
            May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
            May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
            May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
            9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Note that while they may ask standard questions, it's still on a case by case basis. My appointment was at 9am so I got there at 8 am and listened to a few cases in the 8 to 9 am group and felt much better. When I went out to look for my lawyer about 8:30am there was a couple whose case took about 25 minutes. Yes, that's 25 mins. I was outside so I did not hear what was being asked but they weren't smiling much when they finally walked out. Also, if you are married and filing alone then the trustee always asked why your spouse is not filing with you.

Comment

This is from an earlier post of mine, i copied it here...

my chapter 7, no asset 341 questions(in Los Angeles) where as follows..."is the s.s# you filed under the same as you where originally issued", "any changes to the tax returns you sent me and are they factual", "do you have any lawsuits against you", "are you owed money from any lawsuits you have filed", "do you have any other income to report other than what you stated when you filed", "do you expect to inherit any money or property in the next 2 years", that was about it other than swearing me in and stating my name and address. some of the others i heard were asked about housing values and reaffirmations, some that had very large tax refunds had some follow up questions asked. any tax return received after filing was then asked many questions. then i saw a bunch of people back for their second and third time for problems, and the trustee got pissed at that point as they took time and the lawyers sucked(felt sorry for the people), lots of lame excuses. thats when he told one guy he had to go to the back of the line, to be the last one of the day, as he forgot some paperwork, poor guy was beet red and slinked to the back to wait(it was only about 3pm, and they where still on the 2pm appts., last one at 4:30pm, he had a long time to fill out that paperwork!). most lasted less than 5 minutes, which made the Trustee very happy, he would say, "thats how its supposed to go". thank goodness us Pro Se filers where all at the end of the day, all went very quick, and the Trustee got into a better mood, taking less time and asking fewer questions, so by the time it was my turn, he was in a good mood, even joking. 341 meetings are open to the public, so you can always go sit in some day prior, as long as you know they are meeting that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Doghouse View Post
                  . Also, if you are married and filing alone then the trustee always asked why your spouse is not filing with you.
                  Yikes, didn't even think of that question but that is my case. Anyone know if this answer will fly (since it is the God's honest truth)? We have been together 10 years but only married last June (probably shouldn't go into that much detail with the trustee) but we made a decision when we got together to keep our finances separate. We have always maintained separate bank accounts, separate credit cards, everything. The only thing both our names are on is our lease and our car insurances. He has always been pay his share of the bills and has only one or two credit cards that he pays all the time, on time. So since this truly was my debt alone, it didn't make sense to ruin his credit too in the process.

If anyone can think of a better way of stating that, I'm all ears!
                  Filed 5/12/09
                  341 6/11/09
                  discharged 8/11/09
                  Closed 8/14/09

Comment

Ours was very smooth as were most of the ones we saw ahead of ours. We all received pretty much the same questions and the Trustee asked more depending on the answer. The atmosphere in the room was calm. People just sitting around listening to everyone elses biz.

We were sworn in and asked to recite our name and address. Then we were asked if we signed the petition, had either of us ever filed BK before, what the balance on our mortgage was, had we refinanced the mortgage ever and how recently, what is the current value of the home, did we expect to receive any money other than my income and dh's unemployment (we said yes and she then asked what money. Dh explained he is still owed 2 vacation days from his previous employer.), do we have anyone suing us, are we planning on suing anyone, were we still planning on keeping our car and travel trailer as stated in the petition, have we transferred any balanced in the last 6 months from one card to another (think that was the only oddball one that wasn't asked of everyone before us). Then it was "thank you, you're all set, good luck". Took about 5 min or so.
                    filed chapter 7 BK 4/27/09
                    341 meeting 6/4/09
                    DISCHARGED!!! 8/5/09

Comment

He asked the standard who are you, address, etc., then why I didn't get child support (daughter was a sperm donor babe), are the student loans in deferment, that was about it--took about 2 minutes--but I watched some of the whahoos before me--like the guy who surrendered four cars and then bought a new one a week before filing, but the car loan didn't go through until after filing-so my lawyer said that would end up being a bad thing as it was fraud...but other than the feeling I got that "whew" my situation was really easy compared to others, it was really anticlimatic.

Comment

My CH7 341 was in Alexandria Virginia. Simple room with about 30 chairs. Desk up front for Trustee and assistant. Every word spoken is heard without any problem. Of course everyone there is a bit nervous. Attire ranged from suits to jeans and T's. I saw 13 cases before mine. No Creditors showed up. The Trustee was very fair and nice unless the paperwork was incomplete or you lied to him. On a side note, all 7 "pro se" filers were sent home for incomplete paperwork. (IMPORTANT) I was advised and saw this to be true... Only answer Yes or NO unless the Trustee asks you to explain something. Saying anything more will only hurt you.

I was sworn in. He asked if I had read the Bankruptcy Information Sheet given to me as I entered the room. Looked at my ID and Social. Asked for my address. Home phone. Do I still work for the same company? Work phone number. Did I read and sign the bankruptcy petition, schedules, statements? Is that information true and correct? Are all of my assets on the schedules? Have I listed all of my creditors on the schedules? Have I previously filed bankruptcy? Is the copy of my tax return a true copy of the most recent tax return I filed? He confirmed that my car was exempt. Do I have a domestic support? Am I the owner of any cash value life insurance policies?

He thanked me and said "Have a nice day". It took 3 minutes total.
                        04/28/09: Ch 7 BK Petition Filed
                        06/04/09: 341 Meeting
                        08/03/09: Last day to file objections
                        08/10/09: Discharged!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X