Property Taxes and Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Property Taxes and Insurance

I was wondering about insurance and property taxes. Mine is due in July as well as my property taxes. Since I have not paid my mortgage for 3 months by the time these come due, will the bank pay them? My escrow is in a negative state right now as my taxes skyrocketed last December and I didn't pay them.
    The town called the bank and they paid them and demanded that they escrow them. They then upped the payment 900.00 a month which is why I am here.....
    I will be filing chapter 7 within the next few weeks.
    Should I do this before the taxes come due and do I list the Insurance co and the town on the debts list?

If you are surrendering the property you don't need pay the property taxes. Sounds like they are escrowed anyhow. Insurance... think about keeping it if you're still in the property (covers your contents too!). If you are abandoning the property, think about letting the bank know that you are leaving and have no insurance. They will put a policy in place.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by notadeadbeat View Post
      I was wondering about insurance and property taxes. Mine is due in July as well as my property taxes. Since I have not paid my mortgage for 3 months by the time these come due, will the bank pay them? My escrow is in a negative state right now as my taxes skyrocketed last December and I didn't pay them.
      The town called the bank and they paid them and demanded that they escrow them. They then upped the payment 900.00 a month which is why I am here.....
      I will be filing chapter 7 within the next few weeks.
      Should I do this before the taxes come due and do I list the Insurance co and the town on the debts list?
      Keep the insurance until you are no longer the owner of the property. the bank is not going to insure your interest in the property or your liability for it.
      Chapter 7 07/30/2008
      341 09/17/2008
      Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X