2nd part of bk class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd part of bk class

I need to know when I do the 2nd part of the education cert class? I signed papers and the case has been filed from what I understand.
    thanks for your help

If the case has been filed, you can take the 2nd class at any time now.

Comment

Yes, just make sure you take it before you are discharged - otherwise there is a big fee and your case will be dismissed (that is what it says on my paperwork I got from my lawyer). I still have to do mine yet. I am going to do it right after my 341 so I don't forget.
      "I broke, I broke, it's off to Chapter 7 I go"
      http://queenfluff.blogs.experienceproject.com/
      1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

Comment

You might want to consider doing Dave Ramsey's online course if you don't have one in mind. I did mine last week. It was excellent!! You can learn a ton!

Comment

thanks to all that responded! I did not see these responses yesterday so I got concerned and called the att office and asked. They told me I had to wait until I had my 341 hearing.
          On the papers i got it says after the case is filed. I am so confused!

Comment

I took mine in between filing and our 341. Dh still has to take his. I gave a copy of the certificate to our atty a few days before our 341 and he never said I took it too soon. Just took the copy and filed it in our chart and reminded dh to get his done before he forgets.
            filed chapter 7 BK 4/27/09
            341 meeting 6/4/09
            DISCHARGED!!! 8/5/09

Comment

You MUST be certain that whatever post-filing personal financial management (debtor education) course you take is approved by your state. You can get that information here - http://www.usdoj.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa/ccde/de_approved.htm

Most agencies that provide the post-filing course also provide pre-filing courses too. Which agency did you use to take your pre-filing course?
              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
              07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
              10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
              01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
              09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
              06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
              Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I used http://www.hummingbird.org/ for my pre filling. I was able to get a fee wavier being my income is so low so that was nice? I am not sure if I have to apply for another fee wavier for the last part or not

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X