top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trustee requesting to be discharged from case..good?bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trustee requesting to be discharged from case..good?bad?

I have about 3 weeks until my expected discharge. I read this on pacer today (I'm now a pacer stalker), it was entered around 5/6/09. Is this good, bad, routine? Thanks in advance.

Full docket text:
    Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution: I, Trustee Wxxxxxx, having been appointed trustee of the estate of the above-named debtor(s), report that I have neither received any property nor paid any money on account of this estate; that I have made a diligent inquiry into the financial affairs of the debtor(s) and the location of the property belonging to the estate; and that there is no property available for distribution from the estate over and above that exempted by law. Pursuant to Fed R Bank P xxxx, I hereby certify that the estate of the above-named debtor(s) has been fully administered. I request that I be discharged from any further duties as trustee. Key information about this case as reported in schedules filed by the debtor(s) or otherwise found in the case record: This case was pending for 1 months. Assets Abandoned: $ xx,xxx.00, Assets Exempt: Not Available, Claims Scheduled: $ xxx,xxx.00, Claims Asserted: Not Applicable, Claims scheduled to be discharged without payment: $ xxx,xxx.00. (Kxxxx, Trustee)
    Filed BK on 3/27/09
    341 Meeting 4/29/09
    Discharged and closed 6/30/09!!!!!!

That's a good thing. Means that it's a no asset case, and the Trustee has completed his/her duties! You are well into the 60 day club!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      That's a good thing. Means that it's a no asset case, and the Trustee has completed his/her duties! You are well into the 60 day club!
      Thank you for the quick reply!!! . That sounds good. I'm hoping it means no last minute surprises .
      Filed BK on 3/27/09
      341 Meeting 4/29/09

Comment

Originally posted by ela805 View Post
        Thank you for the quick reply!!! . That sounds good. I'm hoping it means no last minute surprises .
        Shouldn't be. Usually when the Trustee asks to be discharged of their duties... they are done!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I'm in the same boat as O.P, what is the next thing that the pacer will show?

Comment

Originally posted by joh View Post
            You should see Awaiting Discharge on your Case Summary screen. So long as you have submitted your certificate for the 2nd class (debtor financial management course), your case will probably auto-discharge on Day 60 (caveat: if it's a no asset case, you have filed everything that you were required to file with the court, and your District does auto-discharges).

Then, after discharge, you should see a Discharge Order on the docket. The court will also mail that to you.

Comment

It depends on who is updating what information, I guess. My pacer status is still saying awaiting 1st meeting and I had my 341 @ the end of April. I am about 3 weeks from the supposed discharge date and that hasn't been updated yet. I was told by someone on the forum (thank goodness for you guys) that it could say that all the way til discharge. I hope not, but if it does, at least I'll know not to stress about it.
              Filed BK on 3/27/09
              341 Meeting 4/29/09

Comment

Mine just like ela805. awaiting 1st meeting But under filing it does list the
                certificate for the 2nd class.

Comment

Mine just like ela805. awaiting 1st meeting But under filing it does list the
                  certificate for the 2nd class.
                  Yes, my 2nd certificate is listed as well. That was updated on 6/2 so I know SOMEONE is updating something, but the status remains the same. Sounds like our cases parallel one another Joh.
                  Filed BK on 3/27/09
                  341 Meeting 4/29/09

Comment

I am glad you had a good report. I got my good news today too. I have longer to wait than you do by 59 days but I think I can relax some now. Yeah for both of us.
                    Filed 5/11/09 Chapter 7
                    341 Meeting 6/5/09
                    Discharged 8/5/09
                    Case Closed 8/6/09

Comment

Originally posted by jb300 View Post
                      I am glad you had a good report. I got my good news today too. I have longer to wait than you do by 59 days but I think I can relax some now. Yeah for both of us.
                      I'm glad yours went well! Sometimes the days seem to drag, sometimes it seems as if time has flown. At least we are in that home stretch, right!!
                      Filed BK on 3/27/09
                      341 Meeting 4/29/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X