No announcement yet.

What do you think...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing really to add...just wondering about the $160/ month for tobacco.
    Can people really use that as an expense?

Comment

Originally posted by Naomi View Post
      Nothing really to add...just wondering about the $160/ month for tobacco.
      Can people really use that as an expense?
      Filed 6/11/09
      341 7/22/09
      Last day 9/22/09

Comment

So, was that a yes?

I don't have any tobacco expenses so didn't know if that one would go through.

Good luck with everything.

Comment

Did you file a Chapter 7? Can I ask what your disposable income ended up being? Im just looking for comparisons. Good luck!

Originally posted by 25andbroke View Post
          Filed 6/11/09
          341 7/22/09
          Last day 9/22/09
          Filed Ch 7 11/28/09 | 341 1/7/10 | Last Date for Objections 3/8/10 | Discharged 3/10/10

Comment

-175 a month failed the means test.

Comment

So your income was over the median and you had -$175 on the means test? How did you get it to be negative? I am barely over the median and cant get the means test to be negative even though I have a $1200 mtg payment and $500 car payment. Again, just asking for comparison. Thanks!

-175 a month failed the means test.
              Filed Ch 7 11/28/09 | 341 1/7/10 | Last Date for Objections 3/8/10 | Discharged 3/10/10

Comment

Originally posted by pookieny View Post
                NY state median is $45,525 for a single. I thought the look back for income is 6 months before your file date and not based on future earnings? Could be wrong? Is the OP legally ok to file before he recieves a commission check?
                to the OP:

Please keep in mind that the 14k comission check may not be counted as "income" for your six months, since you'll receive it after you file..

BUT.. You will HAVE to cover it with exemptions. Or the trustee will gladly take it.

Just because you have already filed- does not mean that you can receive large paychecks/comissions and expect to keep them.

I'm in CA- so i don't know the exemptions for NY - but please find some to cover that! I've worked in sales, and i understand how tough it can be..

And expensive housing! lol. California and New York are right up there!

Good luck
                Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
                341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
                Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
                Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

Originally posted by jribe View Post
                  to the OP:

Please keep in mind that the 14k comission check may not be counted as "income" for your six months, since you'll receive it after you file..

BUT.. You will HAVE to cover it with exemptions. Or the trustee will gladly take it.

Just because you have already filed- does not mean that you can receive large paychecks/comissions and expect to keep them.

I'm in CA- so i don't know the exemptions for NY - but please find some to cover that! I've worked in sales, and i understand how tough it can be..

And expensive housing! lol. California and New York are right up there!

Good luck
                  I'm going to buy an engagement ring a new bed and get ahead on my car payment. That should do it.

Comment

Originally posted by DustinLH00 View Post
                    So your income was over the median and you had -$175 on the means test? How did you get it to be negative? I am barely over the median and cant get the means test to be negative even though I have a $1200 mtg payment and $500 car payment. Again, just asking for comparison. Thanks!
                    Use laundry dry cleaning medical gifts charity pet expenses you can't go bonkers but 30-50 dollars per adds up.

Comment

I would think an engagement ring would also have to be covered with exemptions.
                      Filed Pro Se- 12/15/2009
                      341- 2/17/2010
                      DISCHARGED- 3/18/2010

Comment

Did you file with an attorney?

Use laundry dry cleaning medical gifts charity pet expenses you can't go bonkers but 30-50 dollars per adds up.

Comment

exactly. it's not like something lavish like a ring is going to turn exempt once you spend the cash on it. You will still need to exempt it.

Comment

I'm going to buy an engagement ring a new bed and get ahead on my car payment. That should do it.
                            Haven't filed Yet; however, I asked our BK Attorney if we could pay 'ahead' on Dh's truck payment. He said the Trustee would frown upon making future car payments.

My personal opinion: Buying an Engagement ring would not be a wise move during your BK process. Legalities? - Asset or Exemption.

Luci

Comment

Originally posted by ecsclb1724 View Post
                              I would think an engagement ring would also have to be covered with exemptions.
                              I filed and its not listed will that be an issue???

Comment

so dont pay ahead on car. do a big food shopping. I filed yesterday i cant exempt a future asset can i??

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X