No announcement yet.

What do you think...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what would the chances be a trustee looks over my financial records during 60 days?

Comment

at your 341 you will have to answer whether anything has changed. if you received that 14k check during that time you will have to answer about that.

Comment

Originally posted by 25andbroke View Post
        means test (175). My only concern is when I have to appear for my 341 I will be getting a commission check for about 14k.
        Did you ask your Attorney concerning the above check received on or before your 341 hearing? Yes, look back period for income is 6 months prior.

Need someone who has 'Knowledge' in regards to Large Monies received after filing BK..... Before 341 hearing. Anyone?

Luci
        Last edited by LuciluS; 06-12-2009, 08:06 AM. Reason: Hopeforus types faster! LOL!

Comment

I told my attorney about this he said basically its a look back period and not to bring it up???? IDK very concerned, I think I need anti-anexity pills. Waiting until 7/22/09 at 10:30 am.

Comment

I told my attorney about this he said basically its a look back period and not to bring it up???? IDK very concerned, I think I need anti-anexity pills. Waiting until 7/22/09 at 10:30 am.
            one of the things they ask at the 341 is "has anything changed in your financial situation", yeah a 14K check would be a change.

some districts I've heard of ask for 6 months of back bank statements. My district only asks for one.
            Filed Pro Se- 12/15/2009
            341- 2/17/2010
            DISCHARGED- 3/18/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
              My qualm with it is more of an ethical one. If I was about to get a large check like that, I personally couldn't ethically file ... but that's just me.

I have a problem with the underline above. What's the difference in those of whose who wait until our 6 month look back income is below Median? That's called Planning Your Bankruptcy.

In my situation, I was receiving Monies deemed Income up until Feb. of this year. Due to the stock market tanking, I no longer receive such monthly monies. So Yes, we are waiting until 9/09 to file. I don't consider that unethical?

Not trying to argue with you Amy; however, what's "Good for the Goose, is also Good For the Gander" (just talking to myself, so reason for Quotes)

Luci

Comment

Well, as the Gurus always say 'Make sure your Attorney knows Everything'.

Comment

Originally posted by LuciluS View Post
                  I have a problem with the underline above. What's the difference in those of whose who wait until our 6 month look back income is below Median? That's called Planning Your Bankruptcy.

In my situation, I was receiving Monies deemed Income up until Feb. of this year. Due to the stock market tanking, I no longer receive such monthly monies. So Yes, we are waiting until 9/09 to file. I don't consider that unethical?

Not trying to argue with you Amy; however, what's "Good for the Goose, is also Good For the Gander" (just talking to myself, so reason for Quotes)

Luci
                  No, I don't consider your situation unethical either... you are basing your decision on laws. You are waiting the proper time for something you know exists and filing accordingly.

This person knowingly realizes he will get a 14k check in the very near future and wants to file BEFORE he gets that check to circumvent the system so he doesn't have to include that as income. THAT is unethical... to me. Legal? I guess so... but just doesn't seem right.
                  BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                  Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
                    No, I don't consider your situation unethical either... you are basing your decision on laws. You are waiting the proper time for something you know exists and filing accordingly.

This person knowingly realizes he will get a 14k check in the very near future and wants to file BEFORE he gets that check to circumvent the system so he doesn't have to include that as income. THAT is unethical... to me. Legal? I guess so... but just doesn't seem right.

Oh! Hmmm!!! Trustees know when filer(s) speaks the "Untruths" at 341 hearings.

I know zero about bankruptcy commissioned only income(s) filers. So will 'bow out' of this discussion

Luci

Comment

Originally posted by LuciluS View Post
                      Oh! Hmmm!!! Trustees know when filer(s) speaks the "Untruths" at 341 hearings.

I know zero about bankruptcy commissioned only income(s) filers. So will 'bow out' of this discussion

Luci
                      not just one 14K check, but A FEW 14K checks in the near future...
                      Filed Pro Se- 12/15/2009
                      341- 2/17/2010
                      DISCHARGED- 3/18/2010

Comment

I'm going to buy an engagement ring a new bed and get ahead on my car payment. That should do it.
                        Getting "ahead" on the car will not work, unless your state has an unlimited vehicle exemption. Also- you'd have to exempt the engagement ring too.

If your car has equity- the trustee can take it. Plain and simple. Same thing with the ring- if you go out a buy a $7,000 ring (lets say) the trustee will want the money for it if you can't cover it in exemptions.

I would suggest your read NOLO's BK book at least to get more details.

From reading your posts, it makes it seem that you think if you buy certain things with money you're okay and can keep them. It is certainly not.

The trustee always looks for assets to take.

And with 14k, even if you were able to buy "covered" assets- the trustee will likely challenge it anyway. Because of such a large amount received after filing.
                        Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
                        341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
                        Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
                        Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

Can't you postpone filing BK untill the large check drops off in six months? I was over the median and my attorney delayed filing for 2 months until I was under.

Comment

Well yea he could if he wasn't trying to cheat the bankruptcy courts...
                            BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                            Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Oh never mind, I see he already filed.

Comment

Filed 6/11/09
                                341 7/22/09
                                Last day 9/22/09

OP has Filed...see above. Afraid OP found the 'Right' Attorney who will put him out in the Cornfields IF OP statements are Accurate and True.

Dang! Sure wish we could come up with 1% of his upcoming commission check.

Luci

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X