top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talked to another lawyer=more confusion. Read this, have a laugh.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talked to another lawyer=more confusion. Read this, have a laugh.

So just out of the blue some lawyer calls me. Ok, he's not written down on my list of people I'm doing business with (I later found out I called his office, was transfered to voicemail, hung up and called the next one down the page while looking for consultations)

So after that confusion was over and a long moment of silence the question was asked, "you called my office, did you need help with anything"

Uh, um, well, uhhhh, yea, I'm looking to file chapter seven bankruptcy. (hell I got him on the phone, why not--he called me)

I told him the exact same thing I told two other BK attorneys. So I'll cut this short and break down my answers.

When can I file? Either after six months, or as soon as I spend the money from selling a car, or now if I want to lose the money from the car sale (was never asked when the sale took place or how much money I had left).

Is it a problem that I gifted a car to my father, and regifted it two weeks later. Today I was told no, not even an issue, we can prove it was transfered for reasons that are not fraudulent. No problem not an issue, lets move on.

How much is the car I still own worth? Either Appraisal value, Or retail, Or wholesale, Or yardsale/quicksale, Or as someone said here KBB trade in values averaged by condition.

Why am I contacting other lawfirms if I have one assigned to my BK?
    I don't, I paid one attorney half of his regular retainer fee and he won't return my calls. I don't feel as if I have anyone assigned to my BK case, how would I know? "well you'd know, you'd have blahblahblah paperwork", I don't have that, and I'm contacting other lawfirms because I want to get moving on this. Do you see any reason I can't file right now? "no, but I don't want to rob a client from someone"

Well, I don't 'feel' like a client because I have one simple question to ask the attorney I gave the retainer to and he won't answer me. "I don't want to gain the reputation of robbing clients from other lawfirms".
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok, What am I doing wrong?
    Am I too nice on the phone?
    Something wrong with my situation that scaring everyone off that they won't tell me about?
    Are they all just pulling answers out of their asses?

I remember the good old days when my trade was doing well we could just blow people off because we simply didn't feel like doing the job, and there was plenty of people standing behind them needing us.
    Is this whats going on here?

I should/might/do have a simple no asset case. No house, no job, no 401k, no IRA's, no spouse, no kids, no child support, no anything.

I have a car, a truck, non exempt personal property under $500 in value, just enough money in the bank to cover the BK. WHATS THE PROBLEM?

I know, assumptions, assumptions, assumptions. Just ask.

I think you just happened to, by luck of the draw, picked several lawyers, who just don't "need" the work.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X