Guns and Chapter 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike258 View Post
    Yeah that post about the MP5 was made while I was typing my post, so I didn't know what types of firearms the OP was talking about.
    Sorry, didn't consider that you missed the cross-posting. How sweet it must be to own one of those though.

I probably should correct myself too. The Trustee could sell a pre-ban (pre-AWB 1986) M5PK for $8K.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I had to 'google' it in order to know what we are talking about. I know what an AR 15 is though.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I must google this M5PK. I'm curious now
        4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
        5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
        7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
        7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aces67 View Post
          I must google this M5PK. I'm curious now
          Yeah, and don't look at the one from AirSoft. You want the one from Heckler and Koch (H&K).
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
            I would agree for your common everyday Colt, Sig, Glock, etc.

Well, an MP5K is a totally different thing. It is special and is of significant value. It actually has significantly appreciated in value since the Assault Weapons Ban of 1986.

I'm willing to bet $1, that the Trustee could sell an MP5K for $8K in less than 10 days.
            I totally agree. And they are traceable since you have to file a form 4 to have posession of it.

Comment

so when you buy something back from the trustee, does the trustee hold said item until it's paid in full, or do you hold said item?

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                Yeah, and don't look at the one from AirSoft. You want the one from Heckler and Koch (H&K).
                Just tell the trustee it's an Airsoft MP5K
                <---insert smilie so people know I'm kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by 95kindebt View Post
                  so when you buy something back from the trustee, does the trustee hold said item until it's paid in full, or do you hold said item?
                  You keep them in your possession.

Comment

Maybe the trustee can't pass the background check...
                    Tell him he can have it after he passes all the checks, and gets all the ATF approvals done, after all it only takes a "few" months to get all that done.
                    1/15/10 Filed ch7 2/18/10 314 meeting
                    2/22/10 Report of No Distribution
                    4/20/10 Discharged 5/20/10 Closed!

Comment

Originally posted by pcn View Post
                      maybe the trustee can't pass the background check...
                      Tell him he can have it after he passes all the checks, and gets all the atf approvals done, after all it only takes a "few" months to get all that done.
                      great point.

Comment

Tell him he can have it after he passes all the checks, and gets all the ATF approvals done, after all it only takes a "few" months to get all that done.
                        Awesome! That's right.. you can't even "hand it over" to the Trustee anyhow. It's a controlled weapon! You couldn't even hand it over to most FFLs (Federal Firearm Licensees). They have to have a Class III NFA "endorsement" (don't know what it's called).

Comment

I was only 90% kidding, but I am interested in theoretically what they would do with something of value that you couldn't give them legally. I feel your husband's pain. I had one, and sold it a few years ago for waaaaay too little. I wish I had a real solution for you. If I had any guns nowadays, they wouldn't have come from a dealer, or used any other paperwork.
                          1/15/10 Filed ch7 2/18/10 314 meeting
                          2/22/10 Report of No Distribution
                          4/20/10 Discharged 5/20/10 Closed!

Comment

I was only 90% kidding, but I am interested in theoretically what they would do with something of value that you couldn't give them legally. I feel your husband's pain. I had one, and sold it a few years ago for waaaaay too little. I wish I had a real solution for you. If I had any guns nowadays, they wouldn't have come from a dealer, or used any other paperwork.
                            I see this no differently than you having NFA and destructive devices and not just handing them over to anyone. These are not play things.

Comment

husband said that they are protected under the FOIA (freedom of information act) request with the ATF.
                              need to look into that. I highly doubt it.
                              He bought the MP5K 9 years ago, and it's trippled in price.

Comment

the only way you will ever know forsure, is to throw them under your over-coat and bring them to the 341 meeting...that will clear things up!
                                "it looks like i picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue"! [McKroskey, airplane]

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X