Done with 341!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done with 341!!

We had our 341 on Friday and it was so quick and such a relief!!

We got there about 45 minutes early to listen to other folks. Half of the people at the meeting before ours did not bring any proof of social security number...she was a bit testy with them. But she was nice as could be when she got to us. She asked the simple questions...
    Do you own any other real estate?
    Do you expect any inheritance?
    Are you a party to a lawsuit?
    Does anyone owe you a debt?
    Have you made any payments to family or friends over (I think it was $1000) in the past year?

Thats it!!! All Done!!!

We are middle district Florida; Surrendering home (2 mortgages total $300k with house value about $140k) Discharging about $120k in unsecured debt; and trying to do a ride through with 2 cars plus keep our timeshare. I was charging up until a month before filing (gas, groceries, etc...) I just checked pacer and the trustee has filed report of no distribution... So I think we are OFFICIALLY in the 60 day club!! WOOOHOOO....

AND, today I got a job offer!!! Things are looking up!!!
    Filed CH 7 05/06/09
    341 06/12/09
    Last day for objections 08/11/09
    Discharged and CLOSED!! 08/28/09

Congratulations! Were you under median?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Yes, we were just under median.
      Filed CH 7 05/06/09
      341 06/12/09
      Last day for objections 08/11/09
      Discharged and CLOSED!! 08/28/09

Comment

Congrats and Good Luck
        May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
        July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
        September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

WhoooHooo!!! Welcome to the 60 day club!!!!
          May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
          May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
          May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
          9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Congratulations on the job offer!

We will be in the Florida middle district too. We have been advised to file Ch. 7 by our first consultation. We have another one tomorrow. So we are just starting this journey. Did you have any trouble trying to keep the timeshare when giving up the home? I saw some other posts that timeshares could be a problem due to maintenance fees not being considered expenses or something? I have more questions but I am too tired to ask them right now. We are probably going to give up our home, but try to keep our car and maybe the timeshare. We still have a lot more research to do and decisions to make. This will be the first month we do not make our cc payments. Deciding whether or not to pay the mortgage is a much harder decision. If we decide to give up the home would I be correct that I should not pay the mortgage any longer? See, I am tired and asking questions that I should already know the answers to. If you have any suggestions of a good lawyer to try a free consultation to please feel free to PM me. Middle district is a big one so we may not be in the same area though.
            Filed Chapter 7: Feb. 9, 2012
            341 Meeting: March 14, 2012
            Discharged & Closed: May 21, 2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X