How much money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much money?

I'm curious. Dh gets paid every two weeks on Friday. We are now 5 days from payday and we have only $35 left in the bank.

Dh says that's crazy but that's how we always are. I only spend on food and necessities and I shop with coupons and shop sales and still that's all that's left.

So if you don't mind me asking how often do you get paid and how much money do you have to last you until you get paid again?
    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Well, that depends on what happens during that two weeks!!! We usually are down to $100 or so though just before payday. This is a tight two weeks for us and the alternator just went out in my van, we had $100 dr. appt today for my dd who had a double ear infection...so we thought we would be good till next Friday, but now we'll be very close....probably less than $50 left after limping my groceries along.

Comment

I was asking myself the same thing recently. I'm only paid twice a month (fixed dates). Sometimes, it's a stretch to get to the next paycheck... then I realize the Trustee is getting $530.00/month to send out 6 checks every month. That's where my extra went!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I get paid once a month (teacher) and sometimes I'd be down to my last couple of dollars. Sometimes I'd be negative. So much better now that I've filed.
        Filed BK on 3/27/09
        341 Meeting 4/29/09
        Discharged and closed 6/30/09!!!!!!

Comment

We spent down DH's paycheck to file on the 5th - for the last 10 days we had under $20 left -- but he got paid again today
          BKForum Blog: The Journey

sigpic

Comment

I'm down to my last $100 until payday on Friday, I bought only the necessities at the grocery store this weekend and should have enough for my husband to fill up the gas tank twice this week. We had an unexpected $300 expense last week, I hate cutting it so close, but....
            May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
            May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
            May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
            9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

I get paid once a month I'm retired We have been down to 2 bucks int he checking account a week before I got paid.
              Chapter 7 07/30/2008
              341 09/17/2008
              Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

I'm in the once a month club too. When there's 5 Fridays in a month and you get paid on the last Friday of the month, it really makes it hard.
                6/30/2009 Filed Ch. 7
                10/06/2009 Discharged
                01/24/2011 Closed

Comment

Yep, we're about in the same boat. We have about $60 left and I usually bring in little dribbles of money for gas and groceries but the big stuff comes out of his check. I am hoping that when this is all said and done we can stop the living paycheck to paycheck cycle. That is my goal. I would like to be able to pay all bills on the first and then use the money made during the month to pay ahead. Like pay all bills on June 1 and use June's money to pay July's bills on the first. One day that will happen.
                  C in GA - Filed Chapter 7 Aug '09
                  341 Hearing Oct 8, '09 - DONE

Comment

I already filed my chapter 7. Last time I got paid I only had one dollar left til my next payday (which is friday). The worst part is this week is my birthday and I only have 1.00!!!!!!!!

like I said, this chapter 7 is not helping with my financial pain!

Comment

Well I get paid every two weeks.

The first check pays the lot rent, electric, phone bills.
                      The second check takes care of car insurance.

I only allot myself a small amount of money for food/groceries/gas. This money I always get in cash when I deposit my check. When I run out of cash it means no food/groceries/gas until I deposit the next check.

I pay a 10% tithe on the gross off each check that goes to the church.

The first Sunday of the Month I donate from the food/grocery/gas fund to the fast offering of the church.

I try to save 10% a month of my wages, this is not always possible with incidental expenditures like that new weed eater after the last one burned up on first use 2 weeks ago. (Had a lot of car repairs earlier this year too).

I had to cut back a lot on spending in order to save money even post bankruptcy. For instance I've been slowly working on bordering and mulching around the trailer and planets, I'm maybe 1/5th done but its a pace that medically I can do and financially I can do, and it'll probably take me til fall to finish.

Hmm sorry for my rambling, but the thing you gotta do is make a budget.

Then you have to stick to the budget and budget must include money to save. Emergencies will come up and eat the savings now and then but then you just start again and replenish it. It takes strict control.

I also do not carry my debit card with me (I have no credit cards anymore). I leave it at the house and the checkbook. So if I see something I think I want I have to drive all the way home and get them and drive back to buy it, I've found that I don't make that second trip out 90% of the time. Saves a lot of money.
                      May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                      July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                      September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by inpain66 View Post
                        I already filed my chapter 7. Last time I got paid I only had one dollar left til my next payday (which is friday). The worst part is this week is my birthday and I only have 1.00!!!!!!!!

like I said, this chapter 7 is not helping with my financial pain!
                        I had to laugh (in order to not cry) when I read about your birthday...my birthday is tomorrow and not only are we broke...but it seems as if dh and everyone else has even forgotten about it! We are so stressed right now with all this BK stuff that I'm sure it's the last thing on his or anyone else's mind...but it would be nice to have it acknowledged you know!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by berrymom35 View Post
                          I had to laugh (in order to not cry) when I read about your birthday...my birthday is tomorrow and not only are we broke...but it seems as if dh and everyone else has even forgotten about it! We are so stressed right now with all this BK stuff that I'm sure it's the last thing on his or anyone else's mind...but it would be nice to have it acknowledged you know!?!?
                          To inPain66 and Berrymom35 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Have a great day despite the adversity!!
                          Filed BK on 3/27/09
                          341 Meeting 4/29/09
                          Discharged and closed 6/30/09!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ela805 View Post
                            To inPain66 and Berrymom35 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Have a great day despite the adversity!!
                            Thank you!!!!

Comment

My husband is paid every two weeks and I start my new job tomorrow, but my guess would be every two weeks as well. We live paycheck to paycheck, barely scraping by each time. Sometimes we still have to be late on a payment, even when factoring in all the cuts to our budget we have done. The good news is that when I'm working again, we should be able to handle monthly bills without any trouble. Now, all those other things (car trouble, household air filter broken again, property taxes, all the dental work we both need taken care of, the roof needing fixed, and on and on and on forever) will be tougher to handle, but I have an ordered list for how I think we should handle it. I'm hoping things look up soon for all of us on here.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X