X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BK and possible getting hitched ?????

OK,

Bk done and over about 7 months since discharge. My question is,

Will my past BK hurt my soon to be wife's credit rating if we get married? I'm 600ish, she is 850ish. Will her credit get dinked if we marry?

Thanks.......
    Filed August 15th 2008
    Discharged:12/08/2008
    Closed: 2/23/2009

So long as you don't co-mingle your credit accounts, I don't see how it could hurt her. If she does have an 850, she needs to come on here and tell us how. An 850 score is perfection and I want to know what a perfect woman looks like.

Congratulations!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      So long as you don't co-mingle your credit accounts, I don't see how it could hurt her. If she does have an 850, she needs to come on here and tell us how. An 850 score is perfection and I want to know what a perfect woman looks like.

Congratulations!

She bought me a truck for valentines day (06 Used) and they showed her, her score and it was 820, sorry not 850, that number just popped into my head.. Still damn good though. She takes great care of her credit. Everything on time and never close to being late and not over extended. She has taught me a lot about credit responsibility even though my issues stemmed from a divorce a year and a half ago.

And you all can't have her! She's all mine!!

I just was not sure what would happen if we married. Dont want to hurt her in the process if you know what i mean.

Thanks.....
      Filed August 15th 2008

Comment

No your past bankruptcy should not hurt her
        May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
        July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
        September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

In fact you can actually benefit from her credit if you "piggyback" on her accounts it will benefit you but will not hurt her. I read somewhere that some cc companies report authorized users to the credit bureaus to benefit you but shouldn't affect her.
          Filed Chapter 7 4/22/2009
          341 Meeting Scheduled 5/27/2009
          Discharged 7/30/2009
          Awaiting closing!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by arami008 View Post
            In fact you can actually benefit from her credit if you "piggyback" on her accounts it will benefit you but will not hurt her. I read somewhere that some cc companies report authorized users to the credit bureaus to benefit you but shouldn't affect her.

Cool!

Thanks...........
            Filed August 15th 2008

Comment

Congratulations on your Engagement!

Your lady is a Keeper and 820 credit score is excellent. I'm agree with justbroke. Would love to receive any assistance or directives your fine lady might suggest.

Luci

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X