Day 59 and Notice of Hearing Regarding Reaffirmation Agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 59 and Notice of Hearing Regarding Reaffirmation Agreement

At day 59 we get a Notice of Hearing Regarding Reaffirmation Agreement on our cars. we signed Reaffirmation Agreements on our car because they said that they might take them, so will this mess our Chapter 7 discharge?

This does not affect your discharge. For re-affirmations, they must be "noticed" by the court prior to discharge, so this is just about the latest they could get that in.

Unbeknown to most, the actual re-affirmation hearing can occur after the discharge date (60 days past the first schedule 341 Meeting of Creditors). Sounds like this reaffirmation got in just in time.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

This will not mess up your discharge... It is just standard when you file your reaffirmation agreement. Try to get to the courthouse a little early so you can get a feel for your judge, and watch other cases. So you can be prepared, I filed my Bk by myself and this is what I did to prepare. Normally the judge will try to talk you out of the agreement. My judge said she didn't feel like it was anybody's best interest to sign one. 9/10 times if you are current on your car throughout your BK, your lender will let you keep your car (ride-thru).
      I had the judge disapprove mine after I did my research on the actual agreement. The hearing will not affect your discharge, good luck.

FILED 02/12/2009
      341 MEETING 03/25/2009
      Reaffirmation Hearing 06/08/2009
      Discharged 06/16/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X