Cost to File Adendum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost to File Adendum?

Hi, I contacted my attorney about filing an adendum to my petition because some of my creditors were left off because they weren't on my credit report.

He told me it would cost 225 dollars to do it? Is this accurate? Someone else on the forum told me it was like 29 dollars. I live in Eastern District Virginia.
    BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
    Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

The court cost to file an addendum is $26. However, almost all Chapter 7 attorneys will charge at least a 1 hour fee to process the necessary paperwork. Loks like your attorney is charging $199 for his fee and $26 for filing.

I have seen some attorneys charge as little as $150 for the fee (not including the court filing fee of $26), but your rate is based on the contract you have with your attorney.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Gotchya thanks...

Makes me kinda mad actually since one of the errors was his fault.
      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.

Comment

Amy:

I read where someone mentioned forgetting a Creditor and some chimed in, if it was a CC (I think) they would be notified anyway.

I've got to leave for a bit. Do a Search or just post the name of the Creditor, if you comfortable doing so, you might get additional information advantageous to your BK.

Luci

Comment

I had to amend recently and it cost me $150 + 26 in the State of Iowa. JB mentions it above as well.
          Filing: 4/10/2009, 341: 5/18/2009
          Last day for objections: 7/17/2009
          Discharge: 7/29/2009

Comment

My attorney charges $175 plus the $26 court fee...I'm not going to bother changing anything (I found a few errors on the petition while I was looking over it on Pacer)...
            May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
            May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
            May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
            9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

So, what happens if I just forget to list a creditor? The one that was omitted actually called me the other day and I gave them the bk info and my attorney's info. If they request to be notified/added does that mean I don't have to add them?

Also, I forgot to list a 10k Chase credit card...but I have lots of other chase accounts and they are listed. Do I need to add this credit card?

I'd rather not have to pay 225 dollars if I can help it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X