"installment payments" form J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"installment payments" form J

This confuses me, I saw an example of a filled out form J. Under the install payments, they put "personal loans" and "credit card" payments. I thought schedule J should only include living expenses and secured debt payments like mortgages and car payments.

Originally posted by Jupiter8 View Post
    This confuses me, I saw an example of a filled out form J. Under the install payments, they put "personal loans" and "credit card" payments. I thought schedule J should only include living expenses and secured debt payments like mortgages and car payments.
    You're looking at a bad Schedule J then.

In a Chapter 7, a Schedule J should probably only include auto payments. In some instances where you have other non-mortgage payments (like debt payments on a boat, furniture or other secured items), you can list it on Schedule J.

However, nothing that is being discharged (unsecured debt) should ever go on Schedule J.

Where id you find this so-called "example"?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

it was a sample form that i came across from googling. I think it was on a website called bcsalliance... not sure how credible they are though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jupiter8 View Post
        it was a sample form that i came across from googling. I think it was on a website called bcsalliance... not sure how credible they are though.
        Examples... don't Google. I would only look at samples in the NoLo Book, from a reputable site (like NoLo), from the U.S. Bankruptcy Court Site, the U.S. Trustee's Site, or from PACER.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X