Judge's calendar on PACER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judge's calendar on PACER

I filed June 2nd, and there is a 341 date for July 23rd in PACER and on the notice I got in the mail......but when I look on the judge's calender there is NOTHING for that day.

Anyone else find that odd?
    Retained 3/09 * Filed 6/2/09 *341 Meeting 7/23/09 *Report of No Distribution Filed 7/24/09 *Closed and Discharged 10/13/09*
    ***I do not provide legal advice. All I am doing is sharing my thoughts and opinions. You probably shouldn't even read my posts.***

At my 341 meeting only my lawyer and trustee was present. I suspect the same for you as well unless your pro se.
    Filing: 4/10/2009, 341: 5/18/2009
    Last day for objections: 7/17/2009
    Discharge: 7/29/2009

Comment

When did you get your paper notice? The judge's calendar on the Court's website is not updated as quickly as PACER is. I wouldn't be concerned. Your paper notice is the 'official' document.

I will add to what kvangild said. The judge won't be there. Only the trustee, and assistant. Your attorney may or may not be present. Rarely, if ever, will you go before the judge.

Good luck~~
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

In my district, Southern Fl, the judge does not attend the 341. Only the Trustee (and your attorney). I think most districts in Fl are the same.
        Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
        Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Yes, they are. I had something else regarding judges on my mind when I wrote the first paragraph. I apologize for any confusion.
          Last edited by AngelinaCat; 06-18-2009, 04:04 PM.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by teacher View Post
            I filed June 2nd, and there is a 341 date for July 23rd in PACER and on the notice I got in the mail......but when I look on the judge's calender there is NOTHING for that day
            It would not be on the Judge's calendar and here's why.

The 341 Meeting of Creditors may not be attended by the the Judiciary, and it may not be held in a courtroom, or have any appearance of being run by or attended by the Court.

The bankruptcy code reads... "[t]he court may not preside at, and may not attend, any meeting under this section including any final meeting of creditors" (11 USC 341(c))
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Oh okay. I guess that makes sense. It just seemed odd that there were many "confirmation hearings" on the judge's calender...
              Retained 3/09 * Filed 6/2/09 *341 Meeting 7/23/09 *Report of No Distribution Filed 7/24/09 *Closed and Discharged 10/13/09*
              ***I do not provide legal advice. All I am doing is sharing my thoughts and opinions. You probably shouldn't even read my posts.***

Comment

Originally posted by teacher View Post
                Oh okay. I guess that makes sense. It just seemed odd that there were many "confirmation hearings" on the judge's calender...
                A "confirmation hearing" is different. The Confirmation hearing is part of the Chapter 13 process and has nothing to do with the 341 Meeting of the Creditors.

A Judge must preside over a confirmation hearing, and these are held in a Courtroom with the Clerk of the Court present, amongst other folks.

Since you posted in the Chapter 7 forum, I assume that you are not in a Chapter 13, so you an ignore the Confirmation Hearing part, as it only pertains to Chapter 13s.
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                  A "confirmation hearing" is different. The Confirmation hearing is part of the Chapter 13 process and has nothing to do with the 341 Meeting of the Creditors.

A Judge must preside over a confirmation hearing, and these are held in a Courtroom with the Clerk of the Court present, amongst other folks.

Since you posted in the Chapter 7 forum, I assume that you are not in a Chapter 13, so you an ignore the Confirmation Hearing part, as it only pertains to Chapter 13s.
                  Awesome. Thank you, you're the best. Yes, chapter 7.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X