Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:30am this morning

Geeeezzzz........On Father's Day
    Sound asleep this morning, when at 5:30am my doorbell rings. So I'm dazed. My husband goes to the door - and it's the freaking repo man.

Hellooooooo...........we voluntarily surrendered the car at the Mercedes dealership on APRIL 6TH.....OVER 2 MONTHS AGO. Somebody needs to update their records ya think???
    Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
    341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
    Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Wow what a way to start off your day...especially Fathers Day..Jerks...sorry

Comment

You would think they would... nevermind. Creditor actions never cease to amaze me anymore.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Gee, you would think that the creditors would keep better records! I would have been pissed!!
        May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
        May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
        May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
        9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

isn't this a violation of the fair debt collection practices act? i mean seriously, just like you can't collect a debt that had been paid off, you can't disturb people at an insane hour to repossess an already-repossessed car.

more knowledgeable people on this forum might be able to say whether you have a claim for $1,000 for this violation. now wouldn't that be nice.
          filed ch7 May 09
          341 june 09
          discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

What's even funnier is that it wasn't even repossessed. We voluntarily surrendered it and TOOK IT TO THEM...........(of course to avoid the repoman coming into my neighborhood)

Today's mail was a riot. Mercedes Benz Financial sent me a letter stating that I have 10 days to reclaim my repossessed car or they will sell it. Imagine that.

I know it's probably just their required procedure, but seems comical it me.
            Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
            341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
            Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

hilarious!
              filed ch7 May 09
              341 june 09
              discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

I had a repo guy show up at 4:30 in the morning for a car I had never owned and a person's name I had never heard of before. Somehow this guy had used our address and phone number and I had no idea who he was. They had the place he worked as being at least 2 hours away north of us. It scared me son as well and as my dh was working nights he wasn't home either. It never surprises me what creditors will do.
                C in GA - Filed Chapter 7 Aug '09
                341 Hearing Oct 8, '09 - DONE

Comment

Originally posted by relief13035 View Post
                  Geeeezzzz........On Father's Day
                  Sound asleep this morning, when at 5:30am my doorbell rings. So I'm dazed. My husband goes to the door - and it's the freaking repo man.

Hellooooooo...........we voluntarily surrendered the car at the Mercedes dealership on APRIL 6TH.....OVER 2 MONTHS AGO. Somebody needs to update their records ya think???
                  Relief don't feel so bad I keep getting calls from MB cuz someone is pushing the wrench button on the telaid.
                  Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                  341 09/17/2008
                  Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Repo guys always try to repo when you're sleeping because it's usually less confrontational. Sometimes their paperwork doesn't say voluntary. I'm surprised he knocked on your door that early. Probably thought you'd want to take care of it before the neighbors woke since you live in a nice neighborhood.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X