Ex wife getting notified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ex wife getting notified

So anybody know a way around this? lawyer said that DH exwife will be notified because of child support. I really dont want her to know at all. Can we just not list child support? I know its a smalll thing but she will use it and tell everyone we know probably even my s/son
    Retained Attny...6/22/2009
    Filed.................7/28/2009
    341 meeting.......9/04/2009

Honestly, I would suggest you tell her yourself so it isn't a surprise. I don't know the ins/outs of her not getting notified, but if child support is involved I am pretty sure she will be.

At least if you explain it beforehand, you can put it in the right context.
    Retained 3/09 * Filed 6/2/09 *341 Meeting 7/23/09 *Report of No Distribution Filed 7/24/09 *Closed and Discharged 10/13/09*
    ***I do not provide legal advice. All I am doing is sharing my thoughts and opinions. You probably shouldn't even read my posts.***

Comment

Because of the DSO, she will be notified. As we are learning from the 'teacher", just let her know in advance. If she goes around telling people, so what. It's a business decision and you are getting your affairs in order.

Just let her know up front that you're not skirting your responsibility, that the DSO would still be in affect, and that you're only discharging your credit cards... blah blah blah. Let her know that you prefer that your son not know. However, this will mostly depend on the type of relationship (adversarial or cordial) that you have with your ex.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

we are current and nothing will change. I just know her and she will tell everyone im sure. can you just leave the child support out of the equation since nothing will be changing and we pay her directly every month anyway? I know it is a small thing but i would rather anyone know but her!

Comment

Tell everyone you divorced her because you found out she prefers sexual relations with animals over people. Kidding.

I would man up and not worry about her. The best thing you ever did was get rid of her. Don't let her continue to aggravate your life. Who cares what she does. If I knew her and she came to me with that gossip I'd ask her why she's still obsessed with her ex-husband.

Get over the guilt you feel filing for BK. One of the largest most successful companies in the history of our country just filed BK themselves.
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by scorpios View Post
            we are current and nothing will change. I just know her and she will tell everyone im sure. can you just leave the child support out of the equation since nothing will be changing and we pay her directly every month anyway? I know it is a small thing but i would rather anyone know but her!
            From the quick googling I just did, and some reading on who gets notified.....NO, you cannot leave her out of the equation.

If anyone ever says anything, just say that her desire for expensive adult novelty items got you into this situation.
            Retained 3/09 * Filed 6/2/09 *341 Meeting 7/23/09 *Report of No Distribution Filed 7/24/09 *Closed and Discharged 10/13/09*
            ***I do not provide legal advice. All I am doing is sharing my thoughts and opinions. You probably shouldn't even read my posts.***

Comment

Originally posted by teacher View Post
              from the quick googling i just did, and some reading on who gets notified.....no, you cannot leave her out of the equation.

If anyone ever says anything, just say that her desire for expensive adult novelty items got you into this situation. :d

classic!
              Filing: 4/10/2009, 341: 5/18/2009
              Last day for objections: 7/17/2009
              Discharge: 7/29/2009

Comment

Originally posted by scorpios View Post
                You can't leave it out. The reason is, you are specifically required to remain current on DSOs, and to certify as such (I believe).
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

does anybody know exactly what she will receive?

Comment

I believe she will receive what every other creditor receives. That's the Notice of Bankruptcy. It includes a lot of information about the case as well as what the creditor (person receiving it) should do, including, but not limited to... not attempting to collect on any debt before the date on the notice, and seeking legal counsel.

Comment

Yep - she'll get the same notice the other creditors do....and she'll probably think she needs to attend (I am not kidding, the way it reads is the same as if she was Chase Bank!). The notice mentions nothing of child support only that she is a "creditor" in the case, etc.
                      Teacher Momma

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X