I just got the best news ever!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got the best news ever!!!

My lawyer just called and said that on Monday the US Trustee is filing to WITHDRAW his motion to dismiss! He has decided that our case is not an abuse after all!!!!!

Of course I'm not getting too happy until I see it on Pacer but dh and I are so relieved already! Today has been 40 days since our 341 so does that mean our discharge will come in about 20 more days or is it another 60 days?

Thanks for all your help/advice and listening to me whine. This has been so stressful for us. Yesterday they laid off 28 people at dh's job and that's their second round of lay offs. Luckily dh gets to stay but things are not looking comfortable. At least now the debts will be behind us!
    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

WOW!
    Great news! Good news after bad news is always so much better good news!

Congrats, it pays to be persistant and hang in there and fight.

Comment

That is wonderful!! I especially like hearing your good news since my attorney just forwarded an email to me from the US Trustee that is asking questions about our filing "pursuant to section 707"! You give me hope!
      BKForum Blog: The Journey

sigpic

Comment

Congratulations!!! Hang in there, Trixie. It will work out for you too.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by aces67 View Post
          My lawyer just called and said that on Monday the US Trustee is filing to WITHDRAW his motion to dismiss! He has decided that our case is not an abuse after all!!!!!

Of course I'm not getting too happy until I see it on Pacer but dh and I are so relieved already! Today has been 40 days since our 341 so does that mean our discharge will come in about 20 more days or is it another 60 days?

Thanks for all your help/advice and listening to me whine. This has been so stressful for us. Yesterday they laid off 28 people at dh's job and that's their second round of lay offs. Luckily dh gets to stay but things are not looking comfortable. At least now the debts will be behind us!
          That's good news indeed! Here's hoping it will be 20 more days instead of 60. At any rate, the countdown is ON!!!
          Filed BK on 3/27/09
          341 Meeting 4/29/09
          Discharged and closed 6/30/09!!!!!!

Comment

Excellent!
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

We waited some 120 days, and are still waiting our close. We a are happy, do not worry, all is behind you.

Will have the worn out hamsters replaced for your Victory Dance soon.

Love and wishes of a new start to you. 'Hub and Mrs.
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Wow, wonderful news!!!
                May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

That is fantastic!

Comment

Great news! Congrats!
                    07/10/09 Filed Chapter 7
                    08/10/09 341
                    10/16/09 Discharged
                    02/01/10 Closed

Comment

fantastic!

i believe the 60 days don't start over; so you have only 20 days left to wait for any objections. anything after that depends on backup in the clerk's office.
                      filed ch7 May 09
                      341 june 09
                      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
                        fantastic!

i believe the 60 days don't start over; so you have only 20 days left to wait for any objections. anything after that depends on backup in the clerk's office.
                        I hope that's all it is. We're so ready to have this behind us. We can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!
                        4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                        5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                        7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                        7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Awesome news, Congrats!!
                          Filed 5/12/09
                          341 6/11/09
                          discharged 8/11/09
                          Closed 8/14/09

Comment

Originally posted by aces67 View Post

I am soooo happy for you! I know how worried you were about how the UST would view your husband's wages.

YAY!!! I hope it is just 20 more days for you!
                            5/29/09 ~ filed chapter 7
                            7/13/09 ~ 341 meeting
                            10/8/09 ~ Discharged!!!
                            10/27/09 ~ Closed!!!

Comment

I'm happy for you!
                              filed June 12,09
                              341 July 20,09
                              deadline to object Sept 18,09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse