90 days pending now this!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 days pending now this!!

I am 90 days and still no discharge and now this shows up on pacer....

" Notice of Appearance and Request for Notice Filed
    by HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A.. (Bass, Patti) (Entered:
    07/01/2009)"

Here is my issue....

Last day to file objection as creditor was June 5th 2009!!!!

How can a creditor do this now and what does it mean??????????

Help!!!!!!!!!

Means nothing, they are just wanting to bill the client for work.
    7-2-2009 Filed
    8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
    10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

Are you sure?

My case is at 90 days and no discharge and I am freaking out.

My job stopped paying me so I have no income now and if i have to pay the lawyer for anything else i will fall over dead.

I am rock bottom.

Comment

A request for notice means nothing to the debtor. It is just an attorney representing a creditor, asking the court (and debtor) to send all required papers (documents) to a certain person/address.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

inpain, not to worry, whipster and justbroke are right. it means nothing. it's not a creditor objection or anything else. maybe hsbc is confused about why the discharged hasn't come yet and want to stay informed. that's all.
          filed ch7 May 09
          341 june 09
          discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
            inpain, not to worry, whipster and justbroke are right. it means nothing. it's not a creditor objection or anything else. maybe hsbc is confused about why the discharged hasn't come yet and want to stay informed. that's all.
            This is my opinion also, since it is dragging out they could be thinking the TT has found something and they want to make sure they get their share.
            Filed 5/27/09
            341 7/2/09
            341 held
            Discharge and closed 9/4/09

Comment

Originally posted by Rick9972 View Post
              This is my opinion also, since it is dragging out they could be thinking the TT has found something and they want to make sure they get their share.
              TT?

I know after my 341 they recommended for discharge. I have no money or assets that anyone could take. I am as poor as they come. I will call the lawyer again tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
                Thank you!!! I was so darn stressed. Bankruptcy is not an easy thing!

Comment

TT is short for trustee

bk is certainly not easy, especially in your situation. hang in there...
                  filed ch7 May 09
                  341 june 09
                  discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Mine is the same

June 27th or so was last day for objections for me and I still have not been discharged and HSBC "Best Buy" entered the same thing on mine today. My attorney said they just want notice when it is being discharged or if they found assets to distribute. It is the BK collection division that tries to pressure you to re- affirm because of the lien on anything purchased clause in the credit card policy.

They send a letter asking you to reaffirm the debt or return the items purchased. We did not have any of the things purchased to return anyway most were gifts.

It is also the semi bogus legal firm they use to strong arm you into paying the debt. Sort of a legal/ sneaky way of going around the stay and then after discharge they will pursue it again on the chance they can scare you into paying the debt. Liens survive the BK so they will tell you they are suing you yada and anything else they can do to get you to send them any money they can.

I would rank them number one as far as being evil in collection efforts.
                    Retained Attorney= 03/13/2009
                    Filed No Asset Chapter 7= 03/31/2009
                    341 Done= 04/27/2009
                    Discharged= 07/16/2009

Comment

In our case, when this appeared, it was from Best Buy and they wanted notice of all action. Once we received our discharge, they called wanting any electronics that we had purchased from them. We only had a camcorder left and they asked if it was a digital. We told them no and they said they would get back to us. This was in December 08 and we haven't heard a word since. Their notice will not delay your discharge. Our case took 87 days for discharge and 114 to close and we were a no asset case. Relax and wait it out. This will pass and you will be on the road to financial freedom in no time!

Comment

I am starting to feel better now. Thanks everyone!

I think it is likely from best buy. All I have is a computer and it is not worth much . everything else broke.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X