top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much did you pay on the day of your ch7 file to your attorney?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9K but our situation is a wreck and we owe him more. hopefully it will end soon.

Comment

nothing on filing day. paid everything when i hired him 3 days before that.
      filed ch7 May 09
      341 june 09
      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Nothing on filing day. But I paid him $2050 for a ch 7 and that did not include credit report, pre and post certificates.
        May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
        May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
        May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
        9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

We had our tax check which just so happened to be almost exactly what we needed. We had enough left for a dinner out. We paid our attorney on Valentines Day 2008, we filed June 4 2009.

$950 to attorney
          $299 filing fee
          Last edited by justplaintired; 07-14-2009, 05:46 PM.
          Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Originally posted by justplaintired View Post
            We had our tax check with just so happened to be almost exactly what we needed. We had enough left for a dinner out. We paid our attorney on Valentines Day 2008, we filed June 4 2009.
            Ahh, what a nice Valentines gift...I bet you'll remember that day for the rest of your life...
            May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
            May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
            May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
            9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Paid in full before filing 1100$

Comment

i had to give a $2,000 retainer, and since i have not filed yet, he said the remainder should be about $2,500 more. I have an asset case, kinda complicated. I think it is worth it, hopefully.
                Filed Aug 28 2009
                341 Oct 2 2009-Asset Case
                Discharged Dec 16 2009
                Waiting for tax return and asset buy back to close

Comment

Originally posted by liz417 View Post
                  Ahh, what a nice Valentines gift...I bet you'll remember that day for the rest of your life...

LOL I thought of that this past valentines. My dh isn't one bit a romantic, so I doubt he even thought about it, but I know I sure did. As good as the food was, I guess I just never imagined I would be seeing an attorney on Valentines Day to file BK.
                  Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Day of filing $299

Comment

i paid the $299 filing fee the day i filed, but i filed Pro Se with a law firm filling out all my paperwork and me taking over from there. they charged me $499 for doing all the paperwork. im in los angeles and have a simple no asset 7, i went to three lawyers for consultations, all wanted over $2k including filing fee and courses.(but thru those free consultations, i realized i could file myself)

Comment

$369. I belonged to a Metlife/Hyatt Legal Plan that I can use for a wide variety of things, like speeding tickets, etc. I pay 16.50/Month for the last year. I suppose you could say that I paid in advance?

Comment

...the vast majority of you are paying a lot less than i did! but don't regret it and experience with firm has been very positive and even after BK/discharge, they still answer my questions...

anyway, we paid $1000 to retain, then installments until $2500 total.
                          Filed: April 2009
                          341 Meeting: April 28, 2009
                          Discharge: July 1, 2009

Comment

yup, $2500 plus filing fee.
                            filed ch7 May 09
                            341 june 09
                            discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

We paid a $600 retainer a year ago...$299 the day we filed for the court costs..and on the day of the 341 we will owe our attorney the balance of I think $400 for her fee.

Comment

$2000 for the attorney and they added a $550 filing fee. I paid in full just over a week ago. Married couple doing a Ch. 7, no asset case. Going back at the end of this month to sign all of the paperwork and get instructions for those pre-bankruptcy classes I guess.

In the contract I signed with this lawyer, it stated that his fees include up to 25 creditors. On the list I gave him of all the people wanting money from me, it has almost 70 people listed. I posted that list on here a long time ago if you can find one of my old posts. In the contract it says "$300 for every 10 creditors above the 25." So I suspect when I go back, he's going to want another $1200-1500 on top of the $2,000 I gave him. So this whole ordeal could end up costing me up to $3500 for everything. I will know on the 29th.

Rooms to Go and GMAC won't be paid this month so that way I can buy groceries.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X