top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much did you pay on the day of your ch7 file to your attorney?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My lawyer only charges $700 for a basic no asset bankruptcy. Then with the filing fee and credit counseling it all came to $1100.00 I had to pay.

I filed for bankuptcy in 2001 with the same lawyer and his fee was $700 back then.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
      Dude, you thought your attorney was all that because one of his clients kept his car 2 years. well. there was a poster on here last night that hasn't paid his car for 3 years! You got the wrong lawyer!
      WOW! Who was that?

Comment

My lawyer's office called me back. They want an additional $500 bucks. I'm running over there to pay them right now. They said the fees they charged were based on a certain amount of creditors and stuff. They said I have $156,000 in unsecured debt.

Comment

$2300 including the filing fee - and he was worth every penny. Saved my assets during the 341, and scared AmEx out of filing an AP against me. I'm beyond grateful to him.
          Filed C7: 03/09/09
          341: 04/30/09
          Discharged 6/30/09!!!

Comment

$2700 for a no asset chapter 7
            Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
            341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

$1,300 in AR. Includes filing fees, going to the 341 and 2 reaffirmations. Now I need to see if reaffirmations are required or if we can do a ride through. Want to know is our mortgage & truck payments will be reported to the Credit Bureaus if we do a ride through.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCrazy View Post
                $2300 including the filing fee - and he was worth every penny. Saved my assets during the 341, and scared AmEx out of filing an AP against me. I'm beyond grateful to him.
                Excuse my ignorance... What does "filing an AP against me" mean? What's an AP?

I spent an hour in traffic going to the lawyer's today. Right now my total expenses have been $3,050 to the new lawyer, plus the old lawyer that I fired cost me over $900. So now I'm almost $4,000 out of pocket for legal expenses to date.

I go back to the lawyer at the end of the month to finalize paperwork. After that, they told me that they will file a week or so after that. I can't wait to get the ball rolling!

I spoke with my mom today. She lives about 30 miles away or so. She has a different last name than me. I've never lived at her past 2 houses. Some how they got her new # and keep calling her asking about giving back my BMW. They have no idea where it is since all of my mail is forwarded to a PO Box. The bank had a collection agency call me, but I told them to go pound sand after I gave them my bankruptcy attorney's phone # and never heard a peep after them. The collection agency gave up and turned the account back to the bank and now the bank is fuming mad wanting the car back. Every month I keep it, it's losing value like a stone falling in a lake.

I got my new phone line from Viatalk.com today. This new phone is a total thing of beauty. Unlike the Google Voice (Grand Central) that I told you guys about a long time ago, I can block those calls that come in saying "UNKNOWN" or "ANONYMOUS" on the Caller ID. And the other cool thing is with Viatalk is that if I have a bill collector calling me, I can forward the calls based on the Caller ID. So now I can automatically forward all collection calls to my attorney! MY PHONE DOESN'T EVEN RING!!!!

You can port your old phone # to this. If you have broadband, this phone system is awesome. I like it much better than Vonage. Vonage was costing me $32/mo. $32/mo. = $384/yr. Viatalk is $189 + taxes (comes out to $265) and that's a one-time deal which gives you phone service for 2 whole years. So Viatalk ends up costing me $11/mo, which is about 1/3rd the cost of Vonage with a lot more features.

All of these collection agencies and telemarketers calling me every day with "UNKNOWN" on the Caller ID are now 100% HISTORY!!! I LOVE IT!!!

If you are tired of your phone ringing off the hook every single day, THIS NEW PHONE LINE will stop it immediately!!! And then you don't have to disconnect your phone # and tell all of your friends and relatives a new #.

Comment

Wow Debtmonster, you have this avoiding collections thing down pat - good for you!!! On this board, an AP is Adversarial Proceeding - any creditor can sue you during the 60 day waiting period after your 341 - it almost never happens but it almost did with me. AmEx was going to sue me for 48K out of my 87K balance with them when I filed. Their arguement was I charged too much in a three month period before I stopped paying. My lawyer scared them off, God bless him...
                  Filed C7: 03/09/09
                  341: 04/30/09
                  Discharged 6/30/09!!!

Comment

Thanks for your response. This will also help new visitors understand about the AP.

Wow... I didn't know that you could be sued during the 60 day period. I thought once you announced that you're going bankrupt that most creditors would just throw in the towel.

I wonder if my bank will want to sue me for the BMW since I haven't given it back. My last payment was in January and we're not approaching the later part of July. They stopped calling me long ago after I blocked their # using Grand Central. They think my # is disconnected. It only plays the disconnected sound when they call but not for other callers.

They are getting really aggressive and nasty on the phone. They really want this car back. I owe over $33,000 or so on the payoff. The sticker was $43,000. I put $3,000 down when I bought it. So all of those payments for over a year went all to interest. I'm now trying to get my money's worth for all that money they made. If this lawyer and fight for me to keep the car another 6 to 12 months after I am discharged, that will be so sweet! That's like having a free rental car so I can save up money for a new car.

The cars I have been researching at so far have been:

Toyota Yaris
                    smart fortwo
                    Toyota Corolla
                    Mazda 3
                    Kia Forte SX

I want something that gets really good has mileage. The smart fortwo has been the best so far. The Yaris looks like #2 in line for low cost and great gas mileage, but I didn't like this crash test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GKCAQCcdEA&fmt=18

Watch the part starting at the 19 second mark. That scares me. I could only imagine living and becoming an amputee from that.

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
                      Thanks for your response. This will also help new visitors understand about the AP.

Wow... I didn't know that you could be sued during the 60 day period. I thought once you announced that you're going bankrupt that most creditors would just throw in the towel.

I wonder if my bank will want to sue me for the BMW since I haven't given it back. My last payment was in January and we're not approaching the later part of July. They stopped calling me long ago after I blocked their # using Grand Central. They think my # is disconnected. It only plays the disconnected sound when they call but not for other callers.

They are getting really aggressive and nasty on the phone. They really want this car back. I owe over $33,000 or so on the payoff. The sticker was $43,000. I put $3,000 down when I bought it. So all of those payments for over a year went all to interest. I'm now trying to get my money's worth for all that money they made. If this lawyer and fight for me to keep the car another 6 to 12 months after I am discharged, that will be so sweet! That's like having a free rental car so I can save up money for a new car.

The cars I have been researching at so far have been:

Toyota Yaris
                      smart fortwo
                      Toyota Corolla
                      Mazda 3
                      Kia Forte SX

I want something that gets really good has mileage. The smart fortwo has been the best so far. The Yaris looks like #2 in line for low cost and great gas mileage, but I didn't like this crash test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GKCAQCcdEA&fmt=18

Watch the part starting at the 19 second mark. That scares me. I could only imagine living and becoming an amputee from that.
                      They will most likely file for Relief of Stay so they can continue looking for your car. You will have to list your current address on your petition so they will know where you are hiding out. Since your debt for the car is secured there is no need for the bank to file an AP.
                      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
                        Excuse my ignorance... What does "filing an AP against me" mean? What's an AP?

I spent an hour in traffic going to the lawyer's today. Right now my total expenses have been $3,050 to the new lawyer, plus the old lawyer that I fired cost me over $900. So now I'm almost $4,000 out of pocket for legal expenses to date.

I go back to the lawyer at the end of the month to finalize paperwork. After that, they told me that they will file a week or so after that. I can't wait to get the ball rolling!

I spoke with my mom today. She lives about 30 miles away or so. She has a different last name than me. I've never lived at her past 2 houses. Some how they got her new # and keep calling her asking about giving back my BMW. They have no idea where it is since all of my mail is forwarded to a PO Box. The bank had a collection agency call me, but I told them to go pound sand after I gave them my bankruptcy attorney's phone # and never heard a peep after them. The collection agency gave up and turned the account back to the bank and now the bank is fuming mad wanting the car back. Every month I keep it, it's losing value like a stone falling in a lake.

I got my new phone line from Viatalk.com today. This new phone is a total thing of beauty. Unlike the Google Voice (Grand Central) that I told you guys about a long time ago, I can block those calls that come in saying "UNKNOWN" or "ANONYMOUS" on the Caller ID. And the other cool thing is with Viatalk is that if I have a bill collector calling me, I can forward the calls based on the Caller ID. So now I can automatically forward all collection calls to my attorney! MY PHONE DOESN'T EVEN RING!!!!

You can port your old phone # to this. If you have broadband, this phone system is awesome. I like it much better than Vonage. Vonage was costing me $32/mo. $32/mo. = $384/yr. Viatalk is $189 + taxes (comes out to $265) and that's a one-time deal which gives you phone service for 2 whole years. So Viatalk ends up costing me $11/mo, which is about 1/3rd the cost of Vonage with a lot more features.

All of these collection agencies and telemarketers calling me every day with "UNKNOWN" on the Caller ID are now 100% HISTORY!!! I LOVE IT!!!

If you are tired of your phone ringing off the hook every single day, THIS NEW PHONE LINE will stop it immediately!!! And then you don't have to disconnect your phone # and tell all of your friends and relatives a new #.
                        They found you by using Lexis-Nexis. The database has every single bit of data about you. It also contains the names and phone numbers of your neighbors. If you don't believe me, tell them to send you a copy of your report, then you will be shocked by what they have on you.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                          They will most likely file for Relief of Stay so they can continue looking for your car. You will have to list your current address on your petition so they will know where you are hiding out. Since your debt for the car is secured there is no need for the bank to file an AP.
                          Everything is going to a Mailbox Etc.

Let them find it.

Comment

Originally posted by techguy74 View Post
                            They found you by using Lexis-Nexis. The database has every single bit of data about you. It also contains the names and phone numbers of your neighbors. If you don't believe me, tell them to send you a copy of your report, then you will be shocked by what they have on you.
                            hey techguy,
                            i have access to lexis nexis. where would you look? under people it only gives those who have their biography somewhere.

alternatively, how would you ask lexis nexis to give you a copy of their report?
                            filed ch7 May 09
                            341 june 09
                            discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

We paid it all up front ~ $1199 (which included filing fee but not CC). We're getting ready to amend our paperwork, which is going to cost us another $60 (adding more debt).
                              Filed 8/2009
                              Discharged & Closed 11/2009
                              Now the rebuilding begins....

Comment

How are all of you getting it done so cheap and I am sitting here paying $3,000 to this one lawyer alone? And he's not even done yet. I have a friend of mine that tells me, "You just wait. That money you gave is just a 'RETAINER'. He's going to nickel and dime you for much more throughout the case."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X