• Show
Clear All

Another step in the right direction!

Filed: 07/17/2009
    Entered: 07/17/2009
    Entered By: XXXXX, Trustee
    Event Name(s): Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution - no funds
    Full Docket Text:
    Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution: I, XXXXX, Trustee, having been appointed trustee of the estate of the above-named debtor(s), report that I have neither received any property nor paid any money on account of this estate; that I have made a diligent inquiry into the financial affairs of the debtor(s) and the location of the property belonging to the estate; and that there is no property available for distribution from the estate over and above that exempted by law. Pursuant to Fed R Bank P 5009, I hereby certify that the estate of the above-named debtor(s) has been fully administered. I request that I be discharged from any further duties as trustee. Key information about this case as reported in schedules filed by the debtor(s) or otherwise found in the case record: This case was pending for 2 months. Assets Abandoned: $ 192330.00, Assets Exempt: $ 35642.64, Claims Scheduled: $ 295395.68, Claims Asserted: Not Applicable, Claims scheduled to be discharged without payment: $ 295395.68. Filed by XXXXX, Trustee (RE: related document(s): 9 Meeting of Creditors Chapter 7 No Asset Individual).

We're getting closer!!! Now it's just a waiting game right? (Well, we need to take the post-341 counseling, but we paln to do that this week.)
    Ch. 7
    Filed: 05/07/2009
    341: 07/01/2009
    Discharged AND closed: 09/29/2009

Looks like they're discharging both cars and the house as well, but we've never been late on any of them and haven't reaffirmed...keeping all, though.
    Ch. 7

Comment

Because you didn't reaffirm, your trustee is stating the loan balances at filing on the cars and house will be wiped out when your case is discharged and closed.

As long as you continue to make on-time payments without fail (the so-called "ride through"), you should be able to keep your cars and house. Miss a payment or pay late though - then your lender has every right to repossess and is likely to start those procedures in motion. So stay current on your loan payments!
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Congrats to you! You're getting closer!
        4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
        5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
        7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
        7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Well that's a bit concerning since Chrysler Financial usually doesn't send the payment stub until a few days before it's due...but losing the $550/month payment probably wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen. Now the house...that worries me!
          Ch. 7

Comment

Originally posted by Humonese View Post
            Well that's a bit concerning since Chrysler Financial usually doesn't send the payment stub until a few days before it's due...but losing the $550/month payment probably wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen. Now the house...that worries me!
            Pardon my French, but screw waiting for the payment stubs to arrive in snail-mail and sending payments that could be "lost" or posted to your account late to purposely create late fees.

Find out if your bank or credit union has online bill paying, then start making your car and house payments from there. There's no rule that the payment has to go in the envelope sent by the creditor. All you need is to make sure the correct account number is added to your payment through the bank/CU.

Your one responsibility is to make sure that the mailing address you set up in online bill pay matches the envelope or payment stub that Chrysler and your mortgage lender send you. This gives you independent verification that the payment was sent if it's ever questioned or if you need to challenge a late fee for a payment made on time. Piece of cake.
            I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
            06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
            07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
            10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
            01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
            09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
            06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
            08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
            Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Chrysler killed our online bill-paying access when we filed. I'm just mailing a check with a copy of the last statement this time, then I'll call and argue about reinstating online payment.

Why would they make it harder to pay your bills by eliminating online access? Morons.

The mortgage will be fine, it's still online. I love my house, I'd hate to lose that. Plus I have 5 kids so renting would be tough.
              Ch. 7

Comment

Oh, I'm sorry, I misread your post - that is a good idea to use the bank to make the automatic payment. I'll look into that.
                Ch. 7

Comment

Originally posted by Humonese View Post
                  Chrysler killed our online bill-paying access when we filed. I'm just mailing a check with a copy of the last statement this time, then I'll call and argue about reinstating online payment.

Why would they make it harder to pay your bills by eliminating online access? Morons.
                  The mortgage will be fine, it's still online. I love my house, I'd hate to lose that. Plus I have 5 kids so renting would be tough.
                  Your debt is discharged in BK. You don't actually owe them anything. How can they bill you for something you don't legally owe them?
                  Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                    Your debt is discharged in BK. You don't actually owe them anything. How can they bill you for something you don't legally owe them?
                    They still send me notices of the option of "voluntary payment" because I still have 'their" car, I guess. But I do see your point, thanks.
                    Ch. 7

Comment

whata happens when there is a house to liquidate, that would not be a "no distribution"?

Comment

Originally posted by gowiththeflo View Post
                        whata happens when there is a house to liquidate, that would not be a "no distribution"?
                        I'm not sure I understand the question? Our house has an allowable amount of equity ($10k maybe?), that's why they're not taking it in the bk.
                        Ch. 7

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X