top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the difference between this and Pacer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the difference between this and Pacer?

Other than Pacer isn't free. Anyone use this?

I believe that is for use by individuals who file pro se.
    Retained 3/09 * Filed 6/2/09 *341 Meeting 7/23/09 *Report of No Distribution Filed 7/24/09 *Closed and Discharged 10/13/09*
    ***I do not provide legal advice. All I am doing is sharing my thoughts and opinions. You probably shouldn't even read my posts.***

Comment

It was in the letter my lawyer sent in the mail with my 341 date and case number.

I'm just wondering if anyone used it. It sounds like you can sign up and get updates emailed to you. All for free.
      Sounds better than wondering around on pacer.

Comment

it sounds to me like it's for mass mailings - say, so many people are filing bk on chase that chase prefers to be notified by email than to drown in paper.

and it does mention that it's supposed to be for creditors.

though i don't see anywhere prohibiting individuals.
        filed ch7 May 09
        341 june 09
        discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

I created a most excellent response, and my computer ate it. I can't type it all back in as I was most eloquent.

Short story is that you still need PACER. The EBN/BNC just sends electronic notification for things served on you by the Court. It does not replace PACER in any way. There are many things in PACER that you'll never get from the EBN/BNC.

It will save you a few pennies as it allows you to view (and save) any papers served on you by the Court/Trustee for free... ONCE. After that you need to have PACER and to pay to view the document again.

(What I wrote before was so good, it should have been made a sticky!)
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
            I created a most excellent response, and my computer ate it. I can't type it all back in as I was most eloquent.
            I hate that.

Thanks anyway, the short version was helpful enough.

Comment

on pacer too, if you don't save the document, you would have to pay to see it again.

i guess the all-important report of no distribution never gets served, so without pacer you'd never know about it even if you had this ebn thing.

justbroke, i'll vote to make it a sticky if you even have the energy to re-type it! just beware of your very hungry computer.
              filed ch7 May 09
              341 june 09
              discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X