Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you CHECK OVER my sched j expenses?

Hi there!

I am in desparate need of figuring this stuff out. I am under median income but have a super-low mortgage payment for my area (northern ca).

Does this look reasonable? This includes a projected new car payment (honda accord) and the auto insurance, including a 1995 corolla owned outright.

how does food, clothes, etc. look?

I have a lot of questions about this but will hold off for comments

THANKS! THANKS!!

Average Monthly Household Living Expenses
    Report for:
    Dated:
    Family of 4 (2 5-yr-old children)

Expense Item Amount Per Period Expense Period Monthly Amount
    1st mortgage: 1,075.00
    2nd mortgage: 346.00
    3rd mortgage: 100.00
    Property tax 283.33
    Electricity: 100.00
    Natural gas: 10.00
    Firewood: 2.00
    Water, Sewer, Garbage: 100
    Local Telephone: 20.00
    Long distance phone?? wife is from overseas family
    Cell phone: 100.00
    Cable/satellite television: 40.00 can upgrade??
    Internet: 40.00
    Home Maintenance: 100.00
    Food: 800.00 (can i put more without alarm? i do spend more)
    Household items (non-food items): 30.00
    Hygiene supplies (tooth paste, toilet paper, etc.): 20.00
    Clothing: 200.00
    Laundromat, detergent, softener, etc.: 20.00
    Average medical and dental expenses: 75.00
    Prescriptions and "over the counter" medications: 30.00
    Magazines, periodicals & newspapers: 10.00
    Recreation & entertainment: 200.00 (two gym memberships=160, plus my kids do activities costing 100 at least-- but 260 seems like too much?)
    Presents for holidays, birthdays, etc.: 50.00
    Life insurance (if not deducted from paycheck): 100.00
    Auto Insurance: 200.00
    Gasoline: 160.00
    Tires: 40.00
    Auto repairs: 100.00
    Vehicle maintenance: 20.00
    Tolls: 5.00 Per month 5.00
    Parking: 20.00
    Smog check: 4.17
    Vehicle tax & registration: 10.83
    Vehicle installments: 480.00
    Child care: 120.00
    Fines: 7.50
    Cosmetics: 20.00
    Haircuts: 20.00
    Work lunches: 60.00
    Postage: 3.00
    Pet food/supplies: 20.00

TOTAL
    Total living expenses 4,981.83

I am really depending on you guys!

Thanks,

MMP

Electricity in cali is that cheap?

Gas too? It cost $10/month here in Michigan just to HAVE gas. Not use, but HAVE.

Comment

I was gonna say -- Electricity.

Looks low. Really low.
      Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
      341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

Your gas bill is, ah, VERY low.

I would search on this link here http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/...104627,00.html for your area and see where you stand compared to the IRS
        Filed 09/18/2009
        341 10/16/2009
        Last day to object 12/15/2009

Comment

I agree with electric. Also gas.

Recreation might be a little high. Kids expenses seem ok, not sure on gym membership.

Telephone is low? I can't get mine down that low no matter what I do, who gives a home phone so cheap?

Wouldn't go too much higher on groceries, unless Cali allows it. Indiana is $600 for a family of four. We added another $100 to that, 2 teenage boys!

Otherwise seems good.
          Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Originally posted by justplaintired View Post

Recreation might be a little high. Kids expenses seem ok, not sure on gym membership.

Telephone is low? I can't get mine down that low no matter what I do, who gives a home phone so cheap?

Wouldn't go too much higher on groceries, unless Cali allows it. Indiana is $600 for a family of four. We added another $100 to that, 2 teenage boys!

Otherwise seems good.
            google Magic Jack
            Filed 09/18/2009
            341 10/16/2009
            Last day to object 12/15/2009

Comment

Are you using averages for your electricity & gas? Or just your current months bills? Because $10 is really low for gas, for an average anyhow. Right now my PG&E bill is only $10 but during the winter it's about $120-$150. My electricity is only about $100-$150 but I live in a smaller house and try not to run the A/C too much so I don't end up with an outrageous bill.
              Filed 5/29/09
              Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

Originally posted by justplaintired View Post

Otherwise seems good.
                My phone bill is only about $20 here as well...but I have just the basic phone line, no caller ID, call waiting. I use my cell phone for everything so I don't need all that stuff. Only reason I have a home phone is for DSL. My phone/DSL are on a combined bill and only run me $52.
                Filed 5/29/09
                Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

Most trustees will allow an expense like, an annual vet visit and the legally required rabies shots. Might want to morph that into the pet food/supplies expense.

Comment

thanks!

i read somewhere gym membership counts (actually it is yoga but same difference) we do it for health. but if it doesnt count then it has to go. let me know. the recreation is for 4 people: $50 a month each: is that a lot? or with each of us adults at $80, thats $20 recreation per month per child.

another expense i did not list is violin lessons which i assume dont count

also: my wife will not be working in the 6 months pre-bk, does that mean we can take nothing for childcare? is it assumed she must be full time with them?

i do pay 20 local phone, i think. can i include long distance overseas calls at $50 a month?

my gas heats my water only, here in northern cali

electric is for heat and air: but its cool now in cali and of course being in debt i dont use it much. i should figure out the elec bill better. the winter months are probably steep.

What is this about "allowing" groceries in Cali, Indiana, etc? This would be great info for me. I would love to know what is reasonable as per food, because actually i spend a lot more than $800. I sure hope $800 is reasonable. But is there an allowed amount? what is it in Cali?

How about clothes? I have no idea what normal people pay for clothes. We wear things till they are thin, and buy the cheapest things we can find. I can start a normal wardrobe practice prior to the bk if necessary.

As it is with the previous list, I have $115 in disposable income. This will be a problem because i am expecting a big tax refund due to a one-time extra work situation on money earned more than 6 months prior, but the refund comes during the 6 mo prior. however, there is no expectation of getting such income going forward.

thanks! i really need to figure this out....

MMP

Comment

From the link posted above:
                      Expense Four Persons
                      Food $752
                      Housekeeping supplies $74
                      Apparel & services $244
                      Personal care products & services $65
                      Miscellaneous $235
                      Total $1,370

Did you do the means test here?

Comment

in a family of 4 i have no idea how toothpaste and toilet paper and etc. cost you only $20. i'd double that easily.

i also think that's low for clothes. it comes to $50 a person. in a real store, you can't even buy a decent pair of shoes for that. of course you and me and probably many people here go buy the cheapest second-hand clothes available, but you are not required to do that. so i'd increase that, but i don't know by how much.

for heating, take the total amount for a year and divide by 12. being bankrupt does not mean you have to freeze in the winter just because you filed in the summer.

if you can document overseas phone calls, i'd put it in.

cosmetics cost you only $20?? are you forgetting the facial toner, cream, eye cream, overnight cream, then shampoos, soaps, makeup... these can get really expensive and you can't buy them used! show your list to dw and your numbers will change dramatically!!
                        filed ch7 May 09
                        341 june 09
                        discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

are those violin lessons for you or for your kids? if it's not just for fun but the kid actually shows some musical promise, i would include this expense. what kind of fresh start would it be if you can't build the kid's future?

i could be biased though; my name is music12 for a reason...
                          filed ch7 May 09
                          341 june 09
                          discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Tires and auto repairs seem high.

Our attorney only allows us to use $60 per month for recreation.

Laundry should include dry cleaning and can be higher than the $20 you listed.
                            Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Recreation is too high at $200/mth.
                              Gifts are too high at $50/mth

Gas is too low at $160/mth. How many vehicles do you have? Do you commute? $160/mth is $37.21 per week ($160/4.3) - that's not even a full tank of gas! Swap around some of your numbers....this budget looks like an idealized type budget rather than an actual budget.
                              Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                              Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X