Can you CHECK OVER my sched j expenses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justplaintired View Post
    Also I worried myself sick about this and when I sent it over to the attorney the paralegal went thru and tweaked it. So all that time I spent working all that out, the paralegal fixed it so to speak. So don't get to worried, honestly your attorney will advise you if something you have on there is either too high or too low.
    No offense to all of the other comments in this thread, but I think the above is the most important thing that was posted. You can do your best to get all your numbers just right, but in the end (hopefully) your attorney will use the law, your numbers and the experience of the courts in your area to enter the right amounts and keep the wrong things out.

On another note. You mention that you spend more on food than what you listed. I believe you can put down what you spend. If you think it may look inflated. Keep the receipts. If you can prove it then it really happened.
    9/30/09 * Filed Ch7
    11/9/09 * 341 - Uneventful
    1/11/10 * Closed

Comment

Here is a great link to the US Trustee Program with the national standards. Many of the items like violin lessons can be added, the trustee can also challenge them. If you are over the national standard they can be challenged and you will need to be prepared to prove that these are your actual expenses.

here is the link

Comment

Thanks! I know a good attorney, but I right now I want to get a ball park idea if I will qualify without doing anything dodgy. Then, I can know if I should retain an attorney and go forward. Actually I guess it is too late now to turn back but all your answers put my mind at ease. It seems from all your replies that this schedule is actually designed to account for the real expenses of living. I know from my bank balance that it costs a lot to live, I just dont know where all the money goes. I am glad the government law and many trustees are willing to recognize all the hundreds of ways we need money.

And yes, my point exactly about the music! I never had music but I had a nice well-funded public school. Not the stone cages for parking children that we have in california. I hope that is recognized but I think at this point I could even leave it out since with everything else I am definitely in the neg, which is of course explains a lot! I think at this point it is clear that I do not qualify for a 13. Yippie!

And I assume that if a trustee sees a couple things he/she wants to challenge but tossing them out still leaves you in the red, he/she would not bother, right?

Thanks for the link too. Perfect for touching base.

MMP

Comment

Originally posted by Moneypenny View Post

And I assume that if a trustee sees a couple things he/she wants to challenge but tossing them out still leaves you in the red, he/she would not bother, right?

MMP
          right
          filed ch7 May 09
          341 june 09
          discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X