Chapter 7 Pro se filing question ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 7 Pro se filing question ?

Great Forum! I would not even consider doing my Chapter 7 Pro Se except for it. Can anyone please advise as to the basic problems I may encounter from creditors, clerks, etc with filing pro se? Appreciate any help.
    Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se 11-2009
    341 Mtg 1-2010
    Discharged 4-2010

There is a pro se section on this site, you would probably find a lot of your answers over there.
    Filed 5/29/09
    Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

your question is too general. if you have a specific question we can try to answer it.
      filed ch7 May 09
      341 june 09
      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Thanks, I will check it out. Appreciate your response!
        341 Mtg 1-2010
        Discharged 4-2010

Comment

Yes, please be very specific. We have a great bunch of pro se filers who have been through a lot. Rather than scare you by telling you all the harrowing details of "messing" up... it's better if we can help you better prepare to file instead.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you 'justbroke', I appreciate that. I am in the process of answering a summons from a credit card company here in NY. You would not believe how difficult it was for me to have the clerk at District Court get me the pro se answer forms necessary to do so. She had me calling the Plaintiff's attorney, trying to settle, questioning whether or not I owed the money,??? really a little scary when all I wanted to do was to answer so I don't get a default judgement. With that, I was thinking, what are they going to act like in a pro se BK7 filing.
            Well, I have all the paperwork done, and will answer my summons tomorrow and see how that goes. Thanks again for your response.
            341 Mtg 1-2010
            Discharged 4-2010

Comment

Have you gotten the Nolo book?

Comment

No, I heard there is a new one and want to purchase that one.

PS I just got a letter form the atty from the CC Co and now they want to settle. I won with the answer to get a court date so no default judgement could happen. Now they sent me another summons by regular mail with an increased amount .
                341 Mtg 1-2010
                Discharged 4-2010

Comment

Originally posted by lookinupn09 View Post
                  No, I heard there is a new one and want to purchase that one.

PS I just got a letter form the atty from the CC Co and now they want to settle. I won with the answer to get a court date so no default judgement could happen. Now they sent me another summons by regular mail with an increased amount .
                  How long after you stopped paying on your CCs did you get the first summons?

Comment

I would say it's been 9 months for the first one. And only one so far.
                    341 Mtg 1-2010
                    Discharged 4-2010

Comment

It took them 9 months
                      341 Mtg 1-2010
                      Discharged 4-2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...