Had my 341 meeting Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had my 341 meeting Wednesday

I meant to post this the other day, but during the past few days, I really haven't felt like being online that much.

My wife and I had our 341 meeting on Wednesday August 5th. Wasn't really nervous leading up to it and even on the way to the court house, I kept telling myself that everything was going to be fine.

We got there about 30 minutes early and listened to about 5 - 6 cases prior to ours. The trustee asked roughly 15 questions; the same questions for everyone. The guy was super nice and even cracked some jokes during a few cases.

One creditor showed up for another case and apparently did not have his A game with him that day and the trustee made sure he knew that. It was pretty funny.

When my wife and I were called up, we sat down and were sworn in. He asked us for our picture ID's and Social Security cards and while verifying our ID's with our paperwork, he found a problem.

My Social Security Number is XXX-6X-XXXX and when I filled out my paperwork, I put a 9 where the 6 was suppose to be. A problem yes, but a fixable one.

He went on and asked us the remaining questions and said that our case would be open until 09/09/09.

He also said that I had to filed an amended form 21 with the BK court and I should call the BK clerk for instructions on what to do.

I called the clerks office and the woman told me to do this and that and I needed to search for the amended form online (which isn't easy mind you) and also fill out a certificate of service by mail. She then asked me for my email address and sent over the required forms and instructions.

I had to go a head and send the BK court the documents they needed and then send all my creditors the amended form 21 with the correct social security number. I also had to send a copy to the trustee and the US trustee.

I finally got everything done and in the mail Friday evening. Needless to say, I was a little bummed with myself about this little mistake, but at least I was able to fix it.

Because of this, does anyone know if this means that my 60 days is postponed until the 9th of September or has it already started?
    Filed (Pro Se) - 06/23/2009.
    341 meeting - 08/05/2009.
    Last day for objections - 10/05/2009.
    Discharged - 10/06/2009

Your 60 days started as of your first 341 date. Congrats for landing on your feet after the little goof - way to go and welcome to the 60-day club!
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

your 60 days have started, not to worry about that.

i am puzzled about the 09/09/09 date. it's not 30 days, not 60 days, not any kind of time period i am aware of. did he explain what that is about?
      filed ch7 May 09
      341 june 09
      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X