Almost Home Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost Home Free

I am going to sign my petition on Friday...

I was suppose to sign today, but didn't read that they needed some documents 3 days before signing.....
    It worked out though cause If I filed today the 341 would of been the week I'd be out of town...Now this way It'll be after I get back home.

They also told me if I get a job the trustee can't touch any of the money I make. I am so happy and relieved to hear that.

Also since I have a no asset case can I legally sell my assets now for face value? Or do I still have to wait?

I want to sell some of my items for cash....

The only thing I am still worried about is any creditor objecting cause most of my debt I owe is over the limit, due to financial charges...But I got no money coming in and no way to pay them anything....

Originally posted by nick09 View Post
    Also since I have a no asset case can I legally sell my assets now for face value? Or do I still have to wait?
    Wait until you case is closed. You never know if the Trustee is going to question some exemption you have/had.

The only thing I am still worried about is any creditor objecting cause most of my debt I owe is over the limit, due to financial charges...But I got no money coming in and no way to pay them anything....
    Over the limit means nothing with respect to objecting to a discharge. The grounds upon which an unsecured creditor would object, usually deals with the presumption of abuse for "luxury" items and items in aggregate over $600 within 90 days of filing. Or, it could be for recent large cash advances.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Ok thanks...I haven't used any of my cards since the end of 2007, and the beginning of 2008...

So I should be good

Comment

I want to sell some of my items for cash....
        Actually, once the trustee files a "notice of no asset case" or a "report of no distribution" you can do whatever you want with your assets.

The trustees in our area usually file these a few days after the 341 meeting.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X