This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
    I was lucky to get 1 phone call per month. Remember, I moved around a lot and changed my phone # so many times, they couldn't keep up. By the time they would get my current phone #, I would move again.

I don't know how long I will be here until I move to another state. But this time no creditors will follow.
    Did the creditors ever call your relatives since they couldn't get hold of you?
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by liz417 View Post
      Did the creditors ever call your relatives since they couldn't get hold of you?
      Maybe 3 or 4 calls in 10 years. Nothing big.

Comment

I want a pic of a 341 meeting in progress so I can post it here. This forum lacks photos.

lol, If your courthouse is anything like our courthouse, your phone will be confiscated upon entry. You get it back when you leave. Not to mention, I don't believe any mod here would condone posting pictures of trustees or people their for their own 341's w/o their consent!

Comment

Originally posted by Over our heads View Post
          lol, If your courthouse is anything like our courthouse, your phone will be confiscated upon entry. You get it back when you leave. Not to mention, I don't believe any mod here would condone posting pictures of trustees or people their for their own 341's w/o their consent!
          I take the photos. I own the copyright. If you want to sell my photos, then I want royalties.

In the mean time, stop doing the personal attacks.

Comment

i don't see any personal attack in that post.

if you take photos of somebody else, you do not have the right to disseminate them without their consent. the word "copyright" is not some magic word that takes other people's rights away.
            filed ch7 May 09
            341 june 09
            discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
              i don't see any personal attack in that post.

if you take photos of somebody else, you do not have the right to disseminate them without their consent. the word "copyright" is not some magic word that takes other people's rights away.
              If that was true, you wouldn't find tons of web sites out there like break.com, lolpix.com and evilmilk.com. They would all be out of business.

Comment

Lol.
                Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
                341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

Originally posted by bkintx View Post
                  lol.
                  rofl.

Comment

I enjoy your, um, contributions, greatly.
                    Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
                    341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

I had a $0 balance CC at the time we filed, it was not listed. That was 7/2/09. It is still open and usable, I owe about $50 now but I pay it off every month. The credit limit went from $5,000 to $1,000 and the interest went from 9.9% to 28% last statement. Do you think it will last? It is a Bank of Omaha VISA.
                      Filed 7/2. 341 on 8/14, it went well. I'm in the 60 day club. Last day for objections 10/13/09.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefferson24 View Post
                        I had a $0 balance CC at the time we filed, it was not listed. That was 7/2/09. It is still open and usable, I owe about $50 now but I pay it off every month. The credit limit went from $5,000 to $1,000 and the interest went from 9.9% to 28% last statement. Do you think it will last? It is a Bank of Omaha VISA.
                        Wow, that's scary. It's real 0% interest as long as you pay it in full every month. I never worry about those numbers on cars I don't let carry a balance. It can say 100% for all I care. Just don't charge more than you can pay off.

In my case, I will just be enjoying my debit card. How was the economy before the invent of credit cards anyway? Does anyone remember horror stories from the 50's or 60's from people not having credit cards?

Comment

If that was true, you wouldn't find tons of web sites out there like break.com, lolpix.com and evilmilk.com. They would all be out of business.
                          these people either gave their consent or don't know about it, or know about it but don't have the money to sue. doesn't make it legal and doesn't mean that one day when one person takes complaining about it seriously they won't be out of business.

i guess 341 people won't have the money to sue. however, the trustee could get a court order very easily.
                          filed ch7 May 09
                          341 june 09
                          discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

My exhusband posted some pictures of me on the Internet a long time ago without my permission. I sent an email to the site owners saying that if they did not remove them I would press charges. They were gone within a few hours and I received a very apologetic email.

What music said is true... Just because you took the photo doesn't mean it's right. Even if you aren't selling it. Why do you think the facebook community was up in arms about them saying that once you upload a picture to facebook it becomes their property.
                            BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                            Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Why didn't they do this right after the Internet came out? Why did they wait so long to do this?
                              Do you even know when the internet "came out"?
                              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Ok, this thread is way off topic.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X