top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attorney Batting Practice�One, Two, Three�Opinions Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
    There will be. I assure you.

Even in normal times, by the time they subtract from whatever equity you had, the lawyer's fees, the interest fees, the title search fees, the cost of sale fees, the insurance fees, the broker's fees, the miscellaneous fees, the court cost fees, the 'because it's Tuesday' fees, -- there WILL BE a deficiency in a foreclosure. Nearly every single time.

In these times, what with the depressed real estate values, it's even more certain.
    Even in a non-recourse state?

Comment

Luci-

You're wonderful! You've been through so much and you still maintain a logical, helpful, empathic stance. Much appreciated!

You're correct, my newly found cash chica program is eye-opening! While I've been stupidly frugal (often neglecting necessities), I've never really thought about daily purchases. I relied on my "30 day interest free loans" (aka credit cards) and knew I had time to generate income. An emergency vet visit, a plumber expense, or a broken vacuum no longer come with delayed payment. Wow.

MSbklawyer-

I've exerted considerable energy into assessing the possibility of a DJ. I only have one loan (a refi) and it appears "in normal times" DJs are rarely issued on primary residences with single loans.

Are your assertions derived from future projections? My discomfort rests in the fact my loan is with HSBC (UK) and they have placed a moratorium on issuing DJs. I feel like the tides may be turning and the odds of being hit with a DJ are increasing. Of course, I can't find solid proof of such. I'm in Michigan and I believe the statute of limitations is six years. That's a considerable amount of time given to a lender who wishes to play hardball. The banks are, obviously, struggling. Why wouldn't they come after me?!
      *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

Originally posted by HakunaMatata View Post
        Thanks for sharing your experience and opinion! It's comforting to know others have received similar advice (especially a fellow Michigander!).

Hmmm...I wonder if we've been dealing with the same attorney?!
        Hakuna, would you mind sending me the names of the lawyers you used in a private message? I too am in Michigan and so far have interviewed 3 (1 was over the phone) and 2 were in person. ALL 3 were different. am planning on finding 2 more to talk to. I would really appreciate it if you would!
        08-2009:Quit Paying Credit Cards
        04-2010:Hired 2nd Attorney;05-2010:Filed 7
        06-2010:341 Meeting (went very well)
        08-24-2010: Discharged; 09-02-2010 Closed!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ann View Post
          Hakuna, would you mind sending me the names of the lawyers you used in a private message? I too am in Michigan and so far have interviewed 3 (1 was over the phone) and 2 were in person. ALL 3 were different. am planning on finding 2 more to talk to. I would really appreciate it if you would!
          PM has been sent!
          *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

Originally posted by bkmaggster View Post
            Even in a non-recourse state?
            I think MSbklawyer was just referring to a deficiency balance, not a deficiency judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by hereforinfo View Post
              I think MSbklawyer was just referring to a deficiency balance, not a deficiency judgement.
              Precisely. Sorry I didn't make that clear enough.
              Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X