No announcement yet.

Best Buy Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kay Jewelers also sent us a reaffirmation agreement on our wedding rings... lawyer also told us to ignore it. If they really wanna get their rings back, then we'll just negotiate a settlement.
    BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
    Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by whipster1 View Post
      best buy has been sending these. I got one i think i had some cables and blank dvds i dont even remember.

My attorney said ignore.
      rofl!

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
        Kay Jewelers also sent us a reaffirmation agreement on our wedding rings... lawyer also told us to ignore it. If they really wanna get their rings back, then we'll just negotiate a settlement.
        if they really want them back, how on earth would they repo them? they are on your finger, right? no repo person has a right to take something off your finger. they'd need a court order for that. right?
        filed ch7 May 09
        341 june 09
        discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

That they are... I dunno really how they would attempt to do it. My lawyer also agrees it would make no sense for them to put up a fuss about them. I also think it relates to best buy sending the OP a reaffirmation agreement... its a big fat attempt to scare ya!
          BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
          Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

i think so too. nobody is going to get your ring off your finger. they'd have to go through so many hoops to do that, it's just not worth the effort. and you'd have to be a rather nasty person to go to that much trouble for somebody's wedding ring!
            filed ch7 May 09
            341 june 09
            discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Originally posted by Tbornetun View Post
              Ignore the letter. Best Buy has contacted me a few times regarding our clients purchases. I told them to call me when they are ready to repossess the items and we never heard from them again. Your stuff is safe, ignore them. The debt will be discharged. It is up to you (or your attorney) to call their bluff.
              I also just got "the" letter yesterday. In my research (which is how I found this forum) I saw everyone saying ignore it. I haven't called my lawyer yet to ask how to handle it. I bought the items in question really close to my filing date, not to defraud, but knowing i would not have any credit for a long time. I bought a cheap laptop for my daughter. Your posts have made me feel more at ease. So, this is not an objection to my bankruptcy?? rather, just a letter to scare me???

Comment

Originally posted by Trybaby View Post
                I also just got "the" letter yesterday. In my research (which is how I found this forum) I saw everyone saying ignore it. I haven't called my lawyer yet to ask how to handle it. I bought the items in question really close to my filing date, not to defraud, but knowing i would not have any credit for a long time. I bought a cheap laptop for my daughter. Your posts have made me feel more at ease. So, this is not an objection to my bankruptcy?? rather, just a letter to scare me???
                Just a letter, for now. If the purchase was really close to the filing date they could file something with the court to make that specific purchase non-dischargeable. Wait it out and see what happens, they would have to file something disputing the dischargeability of the debt with the court and the court would have to agree, in order to collect.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbornetun View Post
                  Just a letter, for now. If the purchase was really close to the filing date they could file something with the court to make that specific purchase non-dischargeable. Wait it out and see what happens, they would have to file something disputing the dischargeability of the debt with the court and the court would have to agree, in order to collect.
                  Thanks. I sent an email to my lawyer asking him what to do. I have no problems giving the stuff back or paying the bill. I was not trying to defraud, but trying to keep a card open....I misunderstood my lawyer when he told me to keep a card to rebuild my credit. Ugh.

Comment

By the way, in my opinion your attorney is a crook for "offering" to only charge you $300 to negotiate with Best Buy.
                    Everything my attorney did was just part of the case and we were told up front that the $1500 covered anything that was not out of the ordinary for the BK.

Comment

My brother just got discharge; he was worried about Best Buy too. He received the same letter, they even threaten to show up in court to get the lap top back. He bought it along to his hearing just in case, but they did not show up in court so the judge dismissed their claim.

Comment

Thanks for all of the input. As of this time,we have ignored the letter. We had our 341 hearing today. I lasted about 5 minutes. The lady asked a few questions and it was over. There were no creditors there. So I guess we wait from this point .

Comment

Were any of these purchases made with a Best Buy Mastercard or just the plain Best Buy Card? I have the Mastercard.... since it's through HSBC and Best Buy gets the money POS, I don't get it.
                          Filed Joint, No Asset, > $100,000 Unsecured Ch.7 6/7/13 ~~ 341 Meeting 7/15/13 ~~ Discharged 9/16/13 !!

Comment

Wish I'd seen this sooner. We bought a tv earlier in the year and they wanted us to reaffirm. We made a low ball offer. Should've told them to come get the tv.
                            DUH!
                            Still sweating the 341 hearing. I'm sure I'll feel better (and sleep better) once this is over.
                            Good luck to all!

Comment

I am waiting to get something from them. Nothing as of yet, but I know it's coming. My TV that I bought from them is like 2 years old now, so they can have it if they want it. I paid $2,700 for it and they sell for about $1,300 now.
                              New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

We filed for bankruptcy on 9/22/09 and just had our hearing today. We went to our lawyer's afterwards and there was a letter he just rec'd from Best Buy stating we needed to reaffirm our debt with them. Our lawyer told us to ignore it. I'm so worried I can't even think straight. I found this forum and you guys were a great help. For those who posted comments earlier this year, can you please update me on what has become of your "Best Buy" debts? Are they harrassing you about getting their things back? Our lawyer told us that they cannot contact us for at least 4 months, but after that it's game on. I'm just worried that they will try to get our things when we're not home. I know that's probably not possible, but can they come to work and harrass me about it? I work for a bank and if they find out I filed BK, I might lose my job! And we too bought things within 90 days from our filing bankruptcy. What will happen with those purchases?

Any help from anyone who has "been there, done that" or any lawyers would be sooooooo greatly appreciated.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X