top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I really have to wait 60 days after filing to buy a car or until actual discharge?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave you the answer you wanted in the first reply to this thread. If you actually called those people, you would find out that they do Replacement Loans in active CH 7's all the time. Are the terms great? No. But guess what, you're a crappy credit risk.

But you keep going on and the story changes every post -- they said they don't do it until discharge, I think I remember them the interest was too high, I don't care about the interest, I have $6,000, I have $7 to eat with for the rest of the month, I make $4000 a month, It's monthly salary, It's a bonus, I'm keeping my BMW for 3 years without payments, etc.

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
    $6,000 is an asset of a FAMILY MEMBER, not me. So what am I supposed to do, tell the court the assets of all of the people who "may" be able to help me put a partial down payment on a car? Get real.
    And that's not what you said was happening. You said it was your money and people questioned how you exempted so much cash. A reasonable question. You could have just said a family member would help and we all could have moved on to picking out accessories for your new car.

You people must all be really poor to be on here. I thought I was poor making $50,000/yr. Are all of you making like $16,000/yr. or something?
    Yeah, we're bankrupt. Apparently you're better than us.

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
      I am just trying to get a CHEAP car. There should be no red flags raised ANYWHERE! I am just one poor soul out of a million+ people per year who file bankruptcy.

You guys are adding way too much drama to such a small thing. I am small potatoes compared to the rest of the people out there filing bankruptcy.

What would cause the UST to want to re-open the case? How would they know anyway? What system is in place? My lawyer told me that you could win the lotto after getting discharge and not have to worry.
      If you are able to put down 6500 on a 13000 car within just 60 days of filing, they may think you have been hiding assets and start looking more. That's why I said you should wait until after they issue their reports, which should be before discharge but not always.
      May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
      July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
      September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by JRScott View Post
        If you are able to put down 6500 on a 13000 car within just 60 days of filing, they may think you have been hiding assets and start looking more. That's why I said you should wait until after they issue their reports, which should be before discharge but not always.
        Also remember that the trustee gets paid based on what they recover for other creditors. With the amount of debt you're getting rid of I would think they'll be paying close attention to what you're doing. They may even be reading this right now.

Comment

See post #41. This guy has been playing games with the Forum. Not the first time.
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

DM is bipolar but refuses to be on medication. I don't believe he's a troll in the true sense of a troll. I believe these schemes are real and legitimate in his mind even though the rest of us see them as bizarre and puzzling.

I agree with Hub. His threads should receive less attention from those here who truly want to help others.
            Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
              DM is bipolar but refuses to be on medication. I don't believe he's a troll in the true sense of a troll. I believe these schemes are real and legitimate in his mind even though the rest of us see them as bizarre and puzzling.

I agree with Hub. His threads should receive less attention from those here who truly want to help others.
              Yes OF, we have discussed this before and he was given leave far too long when that was taken into consideration. But his history goes way back to threats of suicide, harming debt collectors and in this thread, it was obvious to see that in every post, he was pulling people chains to get another reaction. Whether he is sick or not is not the issue as I befriended him long ago and some of his posts were very good. However, he was asking for help for an unhelpable situation for only the reaction is caused. All the time devoted to him could have been put to a person who actually was serious about needing advice. If you ask a question, you should not argue when you get an answer, or why ask the question at all? From what I understand he has not been banned permanently but just to cool him off. He is welcome back as long as he truly needs or gives faithful advice. BK to many is not a game and some here (we included) were very stressed and upset. The quality of the information here is priceless. Your posts for example have been most informative and accurate when you help a person. DM was playing. 'Hub
              Last edited by AngelinaCat; 08-16-2009, 05:44 AM.
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Closing this thread because it has run its course and has become personal in nature and not forum related.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X