What makes NC different?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes NC different?

Someone mentioned in one of the posts that NC was a rogue state when it came to bk and the UST, does anyone know anything about this? I tried to look it up and couldn't find anything.
    TIA

Alabama and North Carolina I don't think fully participate in the United States Trustee program. I'm not exactly sure even though I lived in NC . Advice given at this site served me well despite that
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

North Carolina does not use US trustees or trustees. They have their own state officials that oversee bankruptcies, that is what is meant by a "rogue" state I believe.
      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Interesting... I will be filing in NC... Can someone expand a bit more? Any reason to get nervous? I guess it depends on my attorney... all he does is bankruptcy.
        -------
        Converted to Chap 13 from Chap 7 Feb 28
        341 April 16...

Comment

I'd like to hear more about AL being a rogue state. Backwards, creditor friendly I knew. Rogue sounds interesting... More info please if you have it. If they don't use US trustees, what do they use? Jail trustees?
          1/15/10 Filed ch7 2/18/10 314 meeting
          2/22/10 Report of No Distribution
          4/20/10 Discharged 5/20/10 Closed!

Comment

they use "bankruptcy administrators" essentially the same thing, but they are a bit backwards in how they do things

Comment

I am the one that called them Rogue States. I meant that only insofar as the U.S. Trustee program was concerned. Because they administer their own program, some things, like the U.S. Trustee guidelines, usually don't apply.

They (Bankruptcy Administrators from Alabama and North Carolina) tend to run their 341 Meetings and other things just a little different than the larger United States Trustee Program.

I meant Rogue in the nicest way possible.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by gwar11d2 View Post
                Interesting... I will be filing in NC... Can someone expand a bit more? Any reason to get nervous? I guess it depends on my attorney... all he does is bankruptcy.

No nothing to fear, just some slight differences mostly behind the scenes and sometimes a little different format in meetings like the 341 and 2004 I think.
                May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

OK, you can't say things like:
                  "like the U.S. Trustee guidelines usually don't apply. They tend to run their 341 Meetings and other things just a little different than the larger United States Trustee Program." and "a little different format in meetings like the 341 and 2004 I think"
                  about AL without creating visions of rubber hoses and 'the rack' occurring. This is AL after all... "A little different" and "guidelines don't apply" can mean a lot of things. After preparing for the relative sanity of a 341 as described here so many times, this could cause some worry.

Ve has vays of making you give uz ze information ve need...

Comment

Interesting, I am filing in AL...and concerned on a couple of issues.

Comment

Originally posted by pcn View Post
                      OK, you can't say things like:
                      You're right. Just in postings here, I found that some of the paperwork requirements were a little different. For example, how income tax refunds are treated seem to be more favorable to the debtor, in North Carolina. In Alabama, filing your income tax return with the Administrator, doesn't seem to be a requirement. Since they are not part of the U.S. Trustee program, they can run things differently.

In no way does this mean that they are way out of the norm in any way. They (Bankruptcy Administrators in NC/AL) still have to run the meetings and administer the bankruptcies per the Bankruptcy Code.
                      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Hey, I wasn't reprimanding, just poking some fun at us in AL.
                        We do things a little differently sometimes, you know.

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                        In no way does this mean that they are way out of the norm in any way. They (Bankruptcy Administrators in NC/AL) still have to run the meetings and administer the bankruptcies per the Bankruptcy Code.
                        Rats! I was hoping to maybe do some bartering at the 341. Like pay off some excess equity with farm animals, moonshine, or a cousin or two...

OK, I'm done with the AL poking. It's out of my system now.

Comment

Originally posted by pcn View Post
                          Rats! I was hoping to maybe do some bartering at the 341. Like pay off some excess equity with farm animals, moonshine, or a cousin or two...
                          I'm not saying you can't barter with livestock. Many a Trustee have had to deal with herds of cattle and maintain ranches.

As per the cousin...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X