Worried b/k office isn't doing their job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worried b/k office isn't doing their job

My b/k helpers office doesn't seem to be communicating very effeciently with things lately. We filed, had our 341 meeting and now awaiting discharge. In the meantime, I've received several collection letters from various companies that are in fact on my petition ( a few not ), but per the office I'm supposed to submit info, which I do regularly and retain email copies. I still however keep getting these letters as if the office hasn't done what they are supposed to. I email them constantly and they rarely email back. I don't know what other recourse I have but to trust they are contacting my debts.. My concern is what if the discharge happens and some of these companies still try and go after me??

Thanks for any and all info..

P

Maybe it is better to go to your BK office in person with the CA letters you have on hand and follow up with them. You might just get answers right there. From what I hear BK offices are busy with clients filing for BK, but that does not mean they should ignore their clients who have been discharged or in the process of being discharged to make sure everything is taken care of. After all the BK offices are working for clients paying their services to get their BK processes through.
    Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
    Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

Before I can respond, what's a "B/K office" and what is a "B/K helper"???
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

My guess would be the attorneys office & the paralegal that works there...
        Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
        Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
        Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Originally posted by klandsb View Post
          My guess would be the attorneys office & the paralegal that works there...
          My response is different based on what it actually means. I doesn't read like attorney/client.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

If those debts were listed on your petition they will be discharged. Ignore the collectors.
            Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

The bk Court sends the notice to all creditors on your mailing matrix - not the attorney.
              Filed Ch7 5/28/09 (Pro Se) Orlando, 341 7/01, UST selected case for audit 7/01, Last day for objection 8/31. Audit report filed 9/10, no material misstatements. Discharged and closed 9/22/2009

Comment

No collector should be calling you or sending you letters unless they are informational purposes only. You need to seriously figure out what is going on. By helper do you mean attorney? If so, drive over if you have to, it sounds to me like some of those creditors weren't included. Have you got a case number? I would look on Pacer and find out what it says and who you filed against. They are violating the stay by contacting you and whatever you do, keep all collection letters, and don't let your case be discharged if any of these were left off you matrix. Worse thing would be if some were left off and when you are discharged and closed they come after you.

I would not ignore any of these attempts to collect, I would want to make sure they were included. This is a case it would be well worth spending a little money on Pacer and seeing exactly who was included and who wasn't on your matrix. Anyone left off is perfectly within their rights to come after you. Take a very active roll right now, don't let this be discharged without making sure you have everyone is included.

We have not received a single collection letter and only info only statements from our mortgage co.
                Last edited by justplaintired; 08-24-2009, 02:06 PM.
                Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Those letters are a goldmine if your attorney knows what they are doing. Contempt motions are a quick 1500+ for the attorney and some $$ for you also.
                  7-2-2009 Filed
                  8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
                  10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X